Chapter Two

Memories flashed behind my eyelids as my body regained its feeling. The first thing I felt was the heat on my skin, what's happening? Did I die? Why am I waking up, where am I? Questions rolled trough my mind as I let the warmth surround me. My eyes fluttered open and I met brilliant hazel ones. "What's a young lady like yourself doing unconscious washed up on the beach naked?" He asked with a strange look in his eyes as they watched me like a hawk.

"Who are you?" I grasped out with a scrachy voice. I was wraped in warm clothes and laid down in front of a fire. We must be in his camp.

A smile spread across his face lighting it up, "Why I am your saviour Drie Crawford and now it's your turn, who are you and what happened?" He said, the strange look returning to his eyes. He seamed to be really curious so I told him from the start to the end and then asked him, "What do you think happend to me and why, how would also suffice." He stared at me and then sighed looking down then back at me as if he was going to tell me something impossible.

"A long time ago there was a legend of beings that could never die, they were believed to be immortal, the legend says that the elder or very first immortal, killed a mighty dragon, one which had been around for hundreds of years. He killed it and drained its blood and stole its heart to assure the dragons would never rise again. He heard the ancients saying that if you were to drink the blood you would live forever, and so that night at the feast he gave it to his first and second command and said it was wine amongst the inhabitants of the town. They drank the blood and that night as they slept the blood took over their bodies."

He paused looking deep in my eyes as if to assure that I was listening and not passe out with the sock and disbelief, I was feeling right at this moment. He breathed in and continued, "They were unconquerable, and since the would someday have  wives, their children would inherite the dragon blood. I think that you might have dragon blood in your genes and that when he killed you it was activated, but." He started.

"But what?" I questioned.

"Nothing," he waved it off and all I could do was stare at him speachless.

"How do you know these things?" I questioned.

"Easy, I was there, I was second in command." He stated and I looked at him astonished. He smirked at my face and cuckled deeply. The sound designated trough the trees, echoed in the hills and warmed my heart.

"How old are you then?" I asked this time with a slight smile on my face, he smiled and answered my question, which is probably getting quite irritating.

"I'm over five hundred years of age, you should smile more your quite a beautyful lady." I blushed bright red at his word only to be rewarded with a deep chicle again.

"So what do we do now?" I asked. He handed me a wooden bowl with meat, he had hunted, "Now we eat." he said grinning as he dug into his food and was finished in one breath. I stared at him in astonishment as he devoured a second helping.

"Are you going to finish that?" he asked as he stared at me like he was going to eat me if I didn't give him my food, so in self preservation I handed him my food. A hearty laugh rumbeled in his chest at the sight of my horrified face. "Don't worry  I won't eat you, yet." I'm pretty sure he added the last part just to parinoy me.

In the days that followed we became good friend, he taught me how to hunt and track, to defend myself using defirente weapons and tecniques. I could honestly say that he was the best friend I had in a very long time.