V.

When they arrived at a big house, Jonathan was surprised that with her type of money she hadn't opted for getting a mansion.

"It helps me stay low profile." She told him when he questioned her living choice. Jonathan followed her inside her house as he led them to the living room. "Here we are."

Jonathan nodded and took a seat on her black couch as he waited for her to settle down. It appeared as if she was doing some type of search before she came back to the living room.

"You can never be too sure." She told him, putting her gun down on the table. Natalie took a seat across from him and looked over at him. "You wanted to talk."

He cleared his throat and sat up straighter. "You had questions about what I sold to you?" Jonathan asked her, trying to dive into the topic slowly.

"I did," she nodded. "What exactly are you selling me?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "It's interesting, but I would like to know what I'm paying you thousands for."

"Are you really going to tell her?"

He considered his mind's question before asking, "How am I so sure I can trust you?" Natalie didn't look bothered or challenged by the question at all, instead she just smiled.

"You are Jonathan Crane, right?" The question confused him a bit but he nodded nonetheless. "You work for my father, is that not enough reason to trust me?"

"I don't remember working for someone who is part of a gang?" He asked, not knowing who she meant. He had never met anyone who was connected to Natalie.

"My father is not part of 'gang'." She stated, a bit angry. He didn't understand why she got angry considering that that is her field of work.  "Ras Al Ghul, he's my father."

"Is he really?" The statement was so out there and not what he had expected at all. How she knew that he worked for Ras was something else he didn't understand.

"Sadly." She answered, a blank expression on her face. "Is that not enough reason to trust me?" Natalie questioned.

Jonathan considered it, before choosing his next words. "Do you know what I am doing for your father?" Natalie nodded her head and sat back in the couch. "Explain to me what I am doing for your father."

He wanted to make sure that she was not fooling , that he could actually trust her with information about his fear toxin. She was quiet for a second, thinking of her response, as her eyes focused on the plain white ceiling - anywhere but Jonathan. 

"You want to destroy Gotham, with your 'drugs'." She explained, adding quotation marks around the word drugs. "I'm just curious about your work, Jonathan. Nothing serious, I just want to know who my dad deemed more worthy than me to destroy Gotham."

"You're jealous of my job with your father?" He asked, a bit amused at her sudden jealousy for something so small. A smile played across his lips as he saw her cheeks grow red in embarrassment. "Well?" He inquired after not receiving an answer.

"Yes." 

"You have a big, almost empire of a gang. Why would you want to destroy it with your father?" Jonathan asked, trying to learn more about her. "Wouldn't you be too busy managing your workers to destroy Gotham?"

"Possibly." She answered, sitting up and facing Jonathan. "But I could have tried, or maybe even hire an assistant."

Jonathan nodded at Natalie's word, even though he knew she wouldn't have been able to handle both jobs. "What did you plan on doing once finding out what I do with your father?" 

"Kill you." She stated, eyeing the gun sitting between us. Jonathan tensed up a bit at her words and prepared himself for the worst situation. "But after meeting you, I'm starting to reconsider it." He let out a sigh of relief and hoped her words were honest.

"How kind of you." Sarcasm was evident in his voice, as he glanced around the room for anything else she could use as a weapon. "I highly doubt that you are interested in my work." Jonathan had never met anyone who was as interested in fear as he was. 

"You never know." She stood up and headed towards the kitchen. "Want a drink?" He considered the option for a moment before he nodded. 

"I wouldn't trust her just yet." Scarecrow offered. "Especially after finding out that she planned on killing us." Jonathan nodded at the voice in his head as he sat in the living room, waiting for Natalie. 

"What do you suppose we do?" He whispered, not wanting Natalie to know of his second personality. He waited for a reply as he watched Natalie, making sure she didn't slip anything in his drink. She didn't and she handed him his drink.

"We wait."