Chapter 13

My name is Emilia Darion. I'm an orphaned child who enrolled into Farlingstad Magic Academy as a working student a few months back. The reason why we, working students, enrolled earlier was for training.

A week before school would start. I was told by the dormitory head that the person I was gonna serve till graduation was gonna arrive today. So I was excused from most of my duties and waited for that person in front of the dormitory.

As I waited for her, I started to recall the various experiences I had seen and heard from my colleagues. According to them, serving nobles were really hard and troublesome. They would often request for things that were very troublesome to fulfill and were too lazy to even dress themselves. As a result, I was really nervous as I waited.

From noon till late afternoon. I waited for that person to arrive and when I saw the carriage which was exclusive to our school approaching the dormitory. I quickly stood in attention.

The carriage stopped in front of me and the driver got off from his seat. He opened the door and revealed a very lovely girl sleeping in peace. She had a very long and silky black hair that reached up to her waist. Her pale white skin looked very soft to the point where even I, a girl like her, would blush if I touched her. And her black frilly dress with a blue rose brooch greatly gave her an appearance of a doll.

While I was entranced by her appearance, the driver approached her and shook her slightly.

Gulped*

When the girl opened her eyes and moved her mouth, I swallowed my saliva and stopped breathing the moment she casted her gaze to me. After the driver helped her from the carriage, I walked closer to her and gave her my deepest bow.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Lumina Chis Chem. My name is Emilia Darion, I shall serve as your guide for the remainder of the day."

After I introduced myself to her, I then guided her towards the room. As we walked along the hallway, I was caught in a huge battle against my desire hug her and the rules a servant must follow. When the battle was about to reach its climax, Miss Lumina asked me a question out of nowhere.

"Um, can I ask a question... Miss Darion?"

The question was so sudden that I became very flustered. Because I didn't want her to see my red face, I continued walking and answered her question without facing her.

"Emilia is fine."

I was able to squeeze those words out from my mouth which was an achievement because I was too nervous to give her a proper reply.

"Then... Emilia, how old are you? I kinda feel that you're not that much older than me."

"That's correct; my actual age is 7 years old."

I became puzzled why she was asking my age but answered her regardless of my worries. My memory past this point became really hazy, so I couldn't remember what happened after I told her my age.

When I woke up from my daze, I found myself standing in front of her door pushing a trolley filled with food. I paced around the hallway thinking if it would be okay for me to open the door or would it be too rude for me to even think of opening the door. When I had resolved myself to open the door. I found out that she had already finished arranging her things and that a considerable amount of time had passed.

I became depressed at that point.

Since she seemed to be a very influential person, I carefully placed each dish, plate, and utensil on the table. I walked back a few steps away from the table to give her room as she ate.