The bell on the door rang, bringing my attention the new customer walking in. He nodded to the elderly couple who were watching as he entered and offered them a kind smile as he passed by. He was practically radiating with confidence, which I found rather odd. Normally only Alphas gave off that kind of energy, but to be honest I could tell if he was even a werewolf, and if he was I hadn't seen him around here before.

He continued passing by the many tables not bothering to give them a second glace as he made the way to the counter where I was standing not breaking eye contact the entire way. The moment felt quiet intense.

He took the stool directly in front of me while giving me a breathless smile and running his hand through his thick dark hair. His ocean blue eyes staring back at me made me feel more nervous than I already was. For some reason I couldn’t look away from him. It was like he was willing me to keep eye contact with.

There was no doubt about it-this man was very attractive, but something about him seemed suspicious. He had a smell I couldn’t place. It didn’t seem human, but it wasn’t werewolf either. It’s almost like he masked it or something.

“Hello Claire,” he said staring at me with those hypnotizing eyes, waiting for a reply from me.

My breath caught in my throat at the sound of my name escaping is full smooth lips.

“Y-you know me?” I stuttered, probably sounding like a complete idiot in front of this Greek God.

A smirk quickly covered his face as he reached towards me, taking my name tag between his fingers then quickly releasing it. I could feel my heart going into overdrive at his closeness.

“Oh. Of course,” I chuckled nervously while trying to cover up my embarrassment. “What can I get you?”

“How about today’s special and your number?” he asked.

I stared at him in disbelief, making it fairly obvious I was taken by surprise at his request. Had he really just said that? I mean sure, I had guys that hit on me occasionally but he…he was different. Something about him seemed so dark.

I was even more surprised by my wolf. She didn’t have much to say about Kieran and remained quiet in the back on my head, remaining unspoken. It was as if she were studying him.

 “Uh,” was all I could manage to get out while staring at him blankly.

I honestly didn't know what I was supposed to say to that. I didn't want him to have my number but I had feeling that he wasn't going to give up that easy either.

“I’m sorry, but that’s not on the menu.” I said before forcing myself to look away from his and writing down his order.   I wasted no time distancing myself from him, taking his order to the cook. Once I had returned he was still watching me intently.

I sighed while brushing a stray blonde hair out of my face and shook my head. “I don’t go out with guys who don’t have a name.”

“Well lucky for you I do,” he said offering me his hand to shake.  “Kieran Knight.”

I looked down at his hand, cautiously debating on whether or not to shake it before finally giving in. His warm hand embraced mine gently, holding it there so that I could not move.

“Claire Warren,” I said.

“You’re not from around here are you?” I asked him.

I didn't want to seem too suspicious, but I had to ask him. I think I’d remember if I saw a face like his before.

 He chuckled while releasing my hand and leaned back in his seat a little. The absence of his hand in mine made it seem so empty and dull now.

“Am I that transparent?” He had an amused expression on his face as he waited for my reply.