Chapter 1

If you have read this story before somethings may have changed (names, people, situations) so please take your time to read it over again and enjoy again. I've chosen to rewrite because I wrote this during 7th-8th grade and now being a senior in high school I now see it needs some major help. So during this time of quartine, I'm doing just that.

Being born the son of an Alpha was never an easy task. One of the people who would know this is Canyon. Canyon is the Alpha of the New Moon pack, he inherited the role of Alpha from his father before him. His father handed the pack down to his son almost a year ago. And in that year Canyon has spent much of his time touring the werewolf packs of the world in search of his destined mate. But he has come up short-handed after every pack that he has visited still not being able to find the one he calls his. But he still has one more chance at finding his mate, Red Rock pack, the only pack that he hasn't toured yet in search of her.

Canyon has asked multiple times to come and tour the pack but the Alpha Marcus King, who presides over Red Rock, has not permitted him to tour. But in Can's favor last week Marcus stepped down from the Alpha position and gave the title to one of his six children. Can hopes that the new Alpha is more reasonable than their father before them and permits him to tour the pack.

Canyon is sitting in his office when he uses the mindlink to contact his Beta, Henry. Can you please come up to my office for a second. I need to talk to you about a few things.

It was but a few moments that Henry's head popped through the door. "What do you need?" He asked closing the door behind himself before he sat on the small couch that occupied the office along with Canyon's desk supplies.

"Last week Marcus King stepped down as Alpha of Red Rock so I want to see if I can arrange a tour now that he isn't the Alpha," Canyon explained as his fingers nervously drummed on the top of his desk.

"Well, the worst thing that you are going to get told is no, again," Henry laughed as he leaned back into the couch knowing that his job here was just for moral support.

Canyon picked up his cellphone, which was set screen side down on his desk. He typed in the number for what would have been Marcus's office last week at this time that was scribbled on a post-it note.

"Hello," someone answered from the other end of the phone.

"Hello, this is Alpha Canyon Carter of New Moon. I was wondering if myself, Beta, and Gamma could come to tour your pack in search of my mate?" Canyon asked, looking at Henry nervously hoping he wouldn't get turned down.

"Uh, sure I don't see why not. We'll meet you at the border at sunrise, your tour time will last three days. That is what we standardly allow," the male that Can was talking to replied.

"Alright, we'll see you tomorrow then," Canyon said before hanging up the phone and grinning at Henry while saying, "We're in."