Chapter 8. Darkness Is Our Ally

READ DESCRIPTION AT END OF CHAPTER

The sky was a clouded red, orange, and yellows as the sun set. I couldn't take my eyes it. It was so beautiful. Though, it was over the city. We'd have to be inside to get a better view. Which scares me.

It was silent while we walked. I think everyone is taking the time we have for some peace a quiet.

Shadow and Rouge don't know where Tails is, so I'm the one who has to take charge. I don't want a situation to happen when they are relying on me. But it's happening. If they get hurt..I know I'll never forgive myself.

"Let's start in that alley. Then we will decide from there." I said to them and it was a silent response from there.

We walked into the closest alley. And I didn't realize I had been holding my breath. If someone sees me...well let's hope that never happens. If we plan this out smart enough...no one will and we can head straight to Tails.

The streets had one or two passers walking by. Once it was cleared, we bolted for the next alley. The light poles had just flickered on because of it was getting darker. I hit my back hard against the building, and closed my eyes. It was calm...until I heard the scrunching of clothes.

"I was the one who was supposed to do that, Espiooooo!" A high squeaky voice yelled and I slowly turned my head. It was Vector, Espio, and Charmy with a guy pinned against the wall. They all looked back at us. I heard Rouge gasp.

Not good.

The six of us all stared at each other, and the random guy pinned against the wall wiggled out of Vector's grasp. No one did anything to stop him as he ran away.

"S..Sonic!" Vector yelled surprised before a change of mood, and started growling. He started to walk towards us. I looked at the others expressions and they were just as vicious.

"Wait!" I yelled.

"Why should we wait? We should just grab you now so you don't go destroying the city again!" Charmy yelled and stung me in the arm.

It didn't necessarily hurt, but a bee sting is a bee sting.

Charmy started to get up from falling to the ground. He jumped off the ground and came at me again but my arm lashed out and smacked him out of air. He fell down again, and Espio ran up to help him. It looked like his wing was broken.

"Sonic!" Rouge screamed and slapped me on the back of the head. I turned around and faced her. I was just as surprised as her.

"It wasn't me who smacked him!" I said and Rouge slapped me in the face. I rubbed the skin. It was warming up quickly so there was probably a red mark.

"What was that for?!" I yelled and felt a hand on my shoulder. I already knew it was Shadows'. I turned to him and saw my reflection in the gloss of his eyes.

"Your eyes. It's Fleetway." My eyes widened and I looked down at my body, the top of my chest was a mix of blue and gold fur.

Of course Fleetway would be trying so hard to get out. He's in a populated area, which only makes his temptation grow. That means we don't have a lot of time before I can control it.

"We don't have time.." My words tampered off before I ran past people that were once my friends. But now they look at me like I'm the enemy.

Rouge and Shadow caught up to me, and by the looks of their faces- they are worried too.

"Get back here Sonic!" Vector screamed and started chasing me. I looked back to find Charmy staring at me with such terror. Tears were falling out of his eyes so fast it looked like it was raining underneath him.

I'm sorry, Charmy.

"Why did we even try to do this?! Are we that dumb?!" Rouge screamed at us, and I didn't bother to reply. Because she's right.

Why couldn't I just move on from this? Push my feelings aside...and just live my life? People were coming out of their homes, people I knew. They..are terrified. Of course they would be.

"It's already too late for thoughts like that! Sonic! Make a decision!" Shadow said and I clenched my teeth. The sounds of terror was all around me.

"That monster is back in the city..."

"Get in the house, kids!!"

"I thought the mayor said Shadow and Rouge were in a guarded prison...?"

"We need to run!"

I have to make a decision. Keep going? Or never come back? I...just want to talk to Tails again. I want to tell him I'm sorry. I want to show him that I'm not a monster.

He'll understand.

"We are staying!" I said and ran as fast as I could. I grabbed my face, and didn't realize that I was crying.

I ran to the place I knew Tails would be. We all used to be there on a perfect night like this.

Seaside Hill.

I smiled, memories of the past coming back to me. The sun was almost gone now, and darkness would fall. Then the terror of the citizens would be brought to their dreams as they sleep. And I could blend in.

I lost Shadow and Rouge. One minute they were next to me, and then they were gone. But I can't stop. It's Fleetway who is running now.

He wants to go to Tails just as much as I do. For different reasons.

I looked down as my feet hit the pavement, my legs are almost completely covered in Fleetway's mark. While my thoughts and voice are intact, I'll tell Tails goodbye. Then I'll be gone.

Just like the sun that set. Veering off the beautiful horizon. Though, night can be just as beautiful.

-CONTEST TIME IDEK
THE TITLE IS SAID BY SOMEONE. (Not in the chapter) TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHO SAYS IT!!! Hehehe

Or

THERE IS SYMBOLISM IN THIS CHAPTER. FIGURE OUT WHAT IS SYMBOLIZING WHAT

EACH FIRST WINNER GETS STUFF LIKE A FOLLOW, DEDICATION, AND ILL CHECK OUT SOME OF YOUR STUFF!!
Awnsers next chapter.

I hope someone actually tries or I'll feel like a dumdum lol

Anyways GabbyizFrozen showed me a song that fit this book so well!!! I was like 0.0 HOW EVEN

NIGHTMARE BY SET IT OFF

Because I had no idea of this songs existence!! Thanks Gabby! :3
Listen to it please!

-TheUltimatePower