The Future

A/N: Hello there my lovelies! I found this chapter very amusing. There's a bit of foreshadowing ;) ;) ;) But also some Book1!Mitch. Should be fun. Enjoy!

BEFORE WE BEGIN, LET ME FIX MY CONTINUITY ERRORS: Stanford did accept Kevin back, but he rejected them and went to Yale. Mitch got his job back as a dishwasher, I never actually mentioned that, I just keep saying he goes to work. There was something else, I don't remember though.

Chapter 10

I was eager to listen to Kevin play his cello again. I couldn't wait to see Scott's look of amazement.

Kevin sat on the couch, and Scott and I sat on the floor, staring at him excitedly like children waiting to hear a story.

I leaned towards Scott, "Prepare to be amazed," I whispered.

"Alright, this is called Julie-O," Kevin informed us.

I smiled widely and waited as he found his key.

I tried to contain my excitement as he began to play. I glanced over at Scott who wore a huge smile of amazement. He looked towards me in awe before we both looked back at Kevin.

Once he added the beatboxing, I had an urge to start clapping. I clasped my hands together to prevent it, and just listened.

It was the most beautiful few minutes of my life. Once he was done, Scott and I gave him a standing ovation.

"You are so talented," Scott cooed.

Kevin laughed, "Thanks. It looked like your heads were gonna explode," he informed us.

"Felt like it for a minute there," I assured him before eyeing his binder, "Do you have any others?" I questioned, forcing myself not to reach for it.

He picked up the binder, "A few other cello ones, but a friend of mine and I wrote a few songs. He plays piano, so we wrote the music and the lyrics, but we can't get our voices to match them very well," he explained as he filed through the papers.

"Mind if I look at them. I play," I suggested excitedly.

"Me too," Scott pointed out.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "You play piano?" He nodded. "We've been together for a year and half and I'm just now finding that out?"

"Why do you think that I insisted we get a piano?" He questioned.

"I thought you wanted to hear me play," I replied with a shrug.

"So conceited," he quipped playfully.

"Hey, you never mentioned that you play, and you haven't touched the piano yet," I pointed out.

"Good point," he replied with a shrug.

"You guys wanna give it a go?" Kevin offered as he handed me a stack of papers.

"We could give it a shot," I replied as I scanned over each of the songs. "I like this one," I pointed out as I took it and handed the rest of them back to Kevin.

"Which one?" Kevin inquired.

"Love Again," I replied as I went over to the piano.

"I play, you sing?" Scott suggested as he followed and I nodded in agreement.

"My friend and I thought this one would be great with a tenor. But he's a bass, and I'm a beatboxer, so we basically just write songs, and never actually get to perform them," Kevin explained as he followed us to the piano.

"Just a bass and beatboxer huh? Maybe we could be your voices," Scott suggested playfully as he sat at the piano bench.

I sat next to him, "They would need a third harmony," I pointed out.