Compromise

A/N: Hello my lovelies! You have to survive a little drama before we get to fluff. And it's very cheesy, adorable fluff so it's worth it. And the next chapter should be fluffy and adorable too, so prepare. :D

Chapter 2

We sat in the security office for what felt like forever. We'd already argued with the head security guard about what had happened, for 10 minutes straight.

While they were escorting us down to the office, we passed by Yotally Togurt. Of course, Scott had seen, so he followed us. And now Scott was arguing with the head security guard in the other room.

I couldn't hear what they were saying through the door, so I just stared at the two security guards sitting across from me and Wes to "keep an eye" on us.

"I don't know why we're still here. You found the item that wasn't rung up and I've already explained that the cashier hates me, and that's why he didn't ring it up," I explained.

"Shut up," one of them spat at me.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Your theft has been moved up to assault of a police officer," the shorter man informed us, "So i'd drop the 'cool guy' facade and get ready for jail time."

"I only pushed you because you're a pervert, and you made my friend uncomfortable," Wes informed him blandly.

"Stop talking, both of you," the taller man ordered.

The yelling from the other room stopped, and eventually the door opened before Scott walked out and looked at us. "Come on, you're free to go," he stated simply.

"He assaulted an officer," one of the guards protested angrily.

"There's this thing called cameras. It was very clear what you did. And you're lucky that I haven't assaulted you yet," Scott retorted in a low tone, making the shorter guard cower down at Scott's height and tone.

Scott turned towards me and held out his hand. I willingly grabbed it before letting him lead me out of the security office, and Wes followed suit.

Once we were out of the office, Scott faced me and stopped walking, "Are you sure you're ok?" He inquired softly.

"Yeah, I'm great. My wrists are a little sore, but nothing too bad," Wes cut in nonchalantly as he rubbed his wrists.

Scott chuckled as he glanced at him, "Good," he stated before looking back at me with a questioning look.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just panicked," I replied with a shrug.

He gave me a wary look, "You understand that that was the right thing to do, right?" He inquired.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "You're doing it again," I informed him.

He gave me an annoyed look, "I'm just—"

"You said that if I stopped shutting you out then you would stop babying me," I reminded him as I crossed my arms.

He narrowed his eyes back at me, "A security guard tried to use his position to—" he started.

"I know what he did. You don't need to remind me, and I'm fine, so you don't need to baby me," I snapped at him. He sighed in defeat and shook his head. As soon as he opened his mouth to say something else, I spoke again, "Shouldn't you be getting back to work?"

He pressed his lips together and nodded. He didn't say anything else, he just walked past me and left.

I sighed and shook my head before looking towards Wes who looked uncomfortable.