Jamie Dakota Jackson

I woke up in the morning to my roommate's alarm clock going off and we both groaned, but I smiled because today is the today I move out of the sorority house and back with my momma. I am on my second year of college at the University of Alabama. I rolled out of bed and I grabbed my bathroom supplies and headed to the shower. I walked in and Mackenzie was finishing up her makeup.

"Hey Jamie." She smiled at me and I flashed one back to her and I sat my bag down on the sink.

"Hey Mack, that's a good color on you." I complimenting her on her amber colored eye shadow.

"Thanks, I've been saving it for today." She smirked at me and I gave her a confused look and she stopped and turned around for me and flung her hands out to the side and stared at me like I was nuts. "For the cowboys girly!" She giggled. Last night and today there is a rodeo here in Tuscaloosa, and tomorrow another one in my hometown Bookings, Alabama. Bookings is only a couple of hours away from campus.

"Oh you girls and your cowboys." I chuckled and I stepped into the shower and I turned it on. This whole sorority was obsessed with having a cowboy as a boyfriend, because they are the cutest and the sweetest. I've dated four country guys and none of them have met the expectations of the girls here, because none of them have actually dated one. I scrubbed the citrus scented shampoo in my hair, washed it out, then I pumped the conditioner into my hands and scrubbed it my long brunette hair. I put my proactive on my face, and waited a bit for it to sink into my skin, then I washed it off, then washed the conditioner out of my hair. I pinned my hair up in a clip, then I shaved my legs and underarms and then washed my body.

I climbed out of the shower wrapping a soft towel around me, and I flipped my hair up and down a bit, then walked over to the sink. I decided to let my hair air dry, so I combed my hair and applied my makeup. I opened the door and I saw girls scrambling over the place, trying to find their clothes, and trying to find their friends. I walked into my room and I opened my closet and I stood their trying to figure out what I wanted to wear. "Your coming to the rodeo right?" My roommate Quinn said as she came into the room.

"No, I'm going back home." I said and turned to her, she looked at me with a 'no way in hell' look and she started walking over to me.

"This is the first rodeo of the summer Jamie, you can't miss it with your girls." She said and put her hands on my shoulders and looked at me in the eyes. Ugh, those puppy eyes..

"Only for a couple of hours..." I said and she smiled and retreated to her closet. I bent down and grabbed my black, snake skin boots, with crosses on it, and I decided to wear my light blue skinny jeans with a couple of holes in them. I put a bra on and slipped on a baby blue tank top, and I pulled my jeans on.

"I'll meet you there! Jessie is picking me up." She said and walked out of our room. Jessie is Quinn's boyfriend, they were madly in love. I didn't say anything to her but I continued to get ready. For now I pinned my hair up in a bun and I started packing my things.

I put my things into the back of my black 2007 Chevy Silverado and then walked back into the house for my cowgirl hat and my smaller belongings. I let my natural curls down in my hat and I started walking out of the house, hearing my boots clunk against the wooden floor. I hopped into my truck and turned it on, purrs like a kitten. I cranked up the music, man I love this truck. "I got the boy and she got the man..." I sung along to the music as I made my way up the gravel road to the stadium. I saw the parking lot full of trucks and horse trailers, and I parked kind of close to the ticket booth. I parked and shut off my engine and hopped out of my truck and started walking. There was two guys sitting on the tailgate of their truck. "Excuse me ma'am, but are you Jamie Jackson?" He asked me.