Twin Catastrophe 4: The Twin's Promise (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Yes, they are all filed up here. I was assigned to sort those papers but Mr. George gives me a lot of works." He said "Well... we're kind of the same I guess."

I looked at him "What do you mean?"

"We're both losers?" He looked at me "I know you've just got this job because you're the CEO's daughter's husband"

"Yeah, I guess so"

"I got this job because my father works for years under Mr. George. Although I graduated High School, I'm not really good with numbers. I'm a slow learner and a loser. So I'm really happy that I could talk to someone like you... because we're the same"

"We're not losers alright" I said "We're the best among these employees because we do the hardest jobs"

Rico smiled at me "Guess you're right"

"Hey, you two losers, can you lower your voices? It's annoying" someone said

I wish I could beat all of these bullies in this office.

After lunch, we both went back to work.

As I was sorting the papers, I notice that there are irregularities about the expenses. For a person who did not finished high school or a dumb one. They couldn't notice about these. I looked at Mr. George at his office. I think he's doing something suspicious.

I've done half of the sorting job before the office hours ended. Rico stretches his hands and looked at me "You've done a great job" he said "Let's go home"

"Alright" I said. I liked to tell Rico about the suspicions I have in mind but what can he do? We're just losers in this company.

That night, as I went home,

"Good evening" Hollen greeted me

"Good evening" I kissed her in the cheeks

"How's your work?"

"Tiring" I said as I sat on the couch

"I've cooked something special tonight"

I looked at her

"Hey, don't think about expenses tonight. It's to congratulate you on your first day of work"

"Alright, no arguing"

She smiled at me.

"By the way Hollen, how well did you know Mr. George?"

"Mr. George? The fat man in the accounting office"

"Yeah"

"Just a little, dad and him are good friends"

"I see. Do you know how much your company earns in a year?"

"Nah but I know its worth millions" she looked at me "Is there anything you want to say"

"Nothing" I said

Maybe I should not interfere with the company. After all, I'm just a dumb employee.

The next day,

"Is everything finished?" Mr.George asked

"Almost Sir" I answered

"For a person who never graduated high school, you are one fast worker" he said

I don't know if that's a compliment or a humiliation.

"Rico, go make me some coffee"

"Yes boss" Rico said

This is what employees like us do...

"What are you looking at?" Mr. George said "Go back to work"