A few moments pass before she starts fumbling in her pockets. Hope overtakes my body and at the sight of a key card in her hand, I almost faint.

She asks which room and I lead her to Liv's door. It immediately clicks open on the first try, and I thank her over and over again before ducking inside.

The door slams behind me and I cringe at the sound.

As I slowly venture further into the room, I can tell that she must've just been here. There's open food cartons on her bed and slippers resting right beside it.

Either she just ate and forgot to throw away the evidence, or she's in the middle of eating and is going to come back to it. I'm desperately hoping it's the latter option.

I take a seat on her bed, the smell of her food wafting through my nose.

"Where are you, Liv?" I whisper.

It's as if someone up above was listening to my pleas because all of a sudden I got a sign. The curtains were pulled over her window, but all of a sudden they began blowing from some sort of breeze.

Slowly but surely, I made my way over to what wasn't really a window, but a balcony. As I whipped the curtains open, there she was, resting against the railing, her head hung low.

"Liv!" I shouted, opening the door.

She jumped at the sound of my voice and turned around, her hand resting over her heart.

"Luke," she breathed.

"Where the hell have you been?" The words slipped out before I could stop them. She seemed slightly taken aback by my sudden outburst.

"I, uhm, I've been here," she said, barely above a whisper.

I shake my head in disbelief. "You just up and disappeared and didn't answer your phone. Didn't you see my messages?" I step outside onto the balcony and close the door behind me.

She looks away from me and out into the distance. There's definitely something going on here.

"I saw your messages," she starts, "and I'm so sorry for not replying, but I had my reasons, I swear."

Her head hangs low just as it was when I first spotted her out here. The sight of her like this causes a rift in my chest. She's hurting and I want so desperately to make her feel better.

"Tell me your reasons," I say, walking toward her. I wrap my arms around her waist, earning a sigh from her lips.

"Luke." Her head involuntarily leans back against my chest. "I can't."

"Please," I beg, "tell me your reasons, baby." I pepper soft kisses on her neck.

"They're gonna sound," she gulps, "stupid."

"Nothing you ever say could possibly sound stupid. I promise." More kisses.

"I, I," she stutters, and I know it's partially because of my actions. "I'm gonna need you to stop doing that."

All of a sudden her hands are in my hair, slightly tugging at it. I give into her request and detach my lips from her neck.

"Okay, you can tell me now," I laugh. Hopefully, she won't mind if I just rest my head on her shoulder.

"Halley confronted me again -- after you guys went inside." A sense of anger rushes through me at the thought of Halley cornering Liv. "And she wouldn't leave me alone about what's going on between us." She takes a deep breath before continuing.

"Basically, she told me that nothing will ever happen between us because you don't date girls like me."

Dammit, Halley.

I spin Liv around in my arms so that she's facing me. My hands hook around her back, and my eyes never leave hers.

"Listen to me, Halley is a very jealous human being -- always has been and always will be. Our relationship was a literal roller coaster ride, and after awhile I couldn't take it anymore, so I ended it. She's probably still hopeful that we'll reconnect or whatever, but we won't, ever."

Her eyes stay locked on mine the entire time I speak, which is good because she really needs to hear this. She needs to know how I really feel about her.

"When you told me earlier that you told her nothing was going on between us, it stung a little bit. It hurt me to know that's what you thought." She opens her mouth to speak, but I won't allow her to. I have to get this all out before I lose the confidence to do so.

"Truth is, I'm absolutely crazy about you, Liv. You are all I ever think about whether it's three in the morning or five in the afternoon, you're it. My heart beats insanely fast whenever someone mentions your name, and it practically leaps out of my chest whenever I see you,"

"What Halley said is partially true," At that she starts to frown, but I'm about to turn it upside down, "only because I've never dated someone more perfect for me than you. I've never dated someone with a bigger heart or a better personality than you. You are one in a million, and I want nothing more than to make you mine -- if you'll have me."

Her smile is the size of the Grand Canyon and I'm sure mine is the same.

"Luke Hemmings, are you asking me out?" she teases.

"I suppose I am."

well, this turned out interesting lol
i apologize if it's not that good, i'm kinda iffy about it but ya know hopefully you guys enjoy it :)

apologies for leaving you guys hanging; i had a very busy day today

but once again, enjoy!
-jules