14 - Date Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

Peyton held up her hands in surrender. “Calm down missy. I’ve never met someone who could do that before and I think that it’s pretty amazing.”

I rolled my eyes feeling the pressure of my mental block. “Yeah it’s freaking fantastic.”

“Anyway so where is your beau?” Peyton drawled out sarcastically.

I shrugged. “He was going to the bathroom but I couldn’t imagine that he would still be in there. I have no idea where he could be.”

“I see him,” Peyton declared suddenly pointing off toward the distance.

I followed her gaze only to see Logan leaning on a wall talking to someone. I shifted my weight around until I could spot the platinum blonde hair of none other than Caitlyn. I frowned upon seeing her and turned away from them. I hugged myself and kept my gaze toward the floor.

“Oh! Don’t tell me you jealous over him?” She seemed astonished. “How long have you been ‘dating’ this guy?”

I sighed looking back over my shoulder at the sorrowful sight then turned back to the increasingly interesting patterns on the carpet. “It would be a week today.” 

Peyton shook her head and then looked over at Logan and Caitlyn. “I don’t like her,” Peyton claimed touching my shoulder gently. “You are so much prettier than that…girl.”

I gave her a small smile but it wasn’t exactly a happy one. “I’m just going to go.”

“What?!” Peyton asked surprised. “No you’re not! Go over there and fight for your man!”

“I thought you were against fake relationships?” Peyton began pushing my shoulder in Logan’s direction.

“I don’t like the fake relationship thing but I don’t like slutty bitches trying to steal pretend boyfriends even more. So get over there and claim what isn’t really yours!” Peyton sent me off with one final shove.

I looked back at her before I straightened myself out and walked over to Logan and Caitlyn with a fake smile on my face.

“Hey, I was just looking for you,” I drawled out looping my arm through Logan’s. He looked stunned to see me and I noticed that his cheeks turned a light shade of pink. I was just playing a part. I needed to remember that.

“Sorry, I was waiting for you when I noticed Cat here looking pretty lonely,” Logan explained with an awkward cough and Caitlyn pouted to prove the point. If I wasn’t polite then I would have tackled her right then and there.

“Oh what is she doing here?” I asked in the sweetest voice I could muster up.

Caitlyn sneered at me for a moment. “I’m here to see a movie, duh?” I resisted the urge to stick my tongue out at her childishly. “I had this planned all last week but the stupid guy decided to ditch me.”

I glanced over a Logan who was conveniently avoiding my gaze. I shot him a glare before I returned my attention to Caitlyn. “Well that’s a shame, we were just leaving. Weren’t we?”

“Aw,” Caitlyn cooed. “Don’t leave me here all by myself Logie.”

I raised an eyebrow at ‘Logie’ and waited for his response.  It took him a long time to answer and every increasing second I could feel the anger rising inside of me. Eventually he said, “Sorry Cat but Vee and I already saw a movie and we’re ready to go. Maybe next time?”

Caitlyn overdramatically struck out her lip in her famous pout and I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes. Logan gave her a sad wave and then we turned around and began to walk out. I spotted Peyton keeping out of sight behind the pillar I had been standing by us. She flashed a wide smirk as she sunk back into the darkness. I didn’t give much thought to her actions.