Chapter 10

It had been a day since the problem in the Room of Requirement, Hermione and Draco hadn't spoken since. And now everyone was sat in the Great Hall excited to find out who this years Head Boy and Girl were going to be.

Over on the Gryfindor table Harry, Ron and Seamus were having a deep conversation about quidditch. While Ginny and Hermione were deep in discussion about relationships and boys.

"You like him, don't you?" Ginny whispered to Hermione.

"Who?" The curly haired girl replied unsure of who her best friend was referring to.

"Oh please! Drop the act, Mione. You haven't stopped staring this entire time."

"Staring at who?"

"Malfoy."

Hermione felt her cheeks flush. "Okay, first of all: we're just friends. And second: I'm not staring, I'm searching."

"And there is my proof." Ginny teased as Hermione's face flushed and even brighter shade of red.

"It's not that Gin." Hermione pointed to the Slytherin table. "Look!"

Reluctantly, Ginny scanned the faces of all the Slytherin students and frowned. "He's not here!"

"Who isn't where?" Chorused the three boys who had suddenly taken an interest in the girls conversation.

"Malfoy." The two of them sighed tired of repeating themselves.

Seamus scoffed. "Yeah right! He would never miss out on the chance to mock the Head Prefects."

"Check if you don't believe us." Ginny said flatly as she folded her arms over her chest.

All three of the boys rolled their eyes and began scanning the Slytherin Table. Hermione and Ginny couldn't help but laugh when their smug expressions were wiped off their faces and replaced by frowns of confusion. When they finally gave up looking they turned their attention to the girls, who now sat there with grins of satisfaction on their faces.

"Bloody hell!" Ron gasped clearly too confused to say anything else.

"You got that right, mate." Seamus chuckled as he playfully nudged Ron's arm. "This is a great day for the new Prefects, whoever they are."

Ginny, Hermione, Seamus and Ron burst out laughing, but Harry still wasn't satisfied. He continued to scan the faces on the Slytherin Table. Eventually, he turned to the other four and frowned.

"Check the entire room." He said earning a puzzled look from Hermione.

"Harry what's wrong?" The brunette asked as she leaned closer.

"Something is very wrong. Malfoy is never late to things like this."

"So?"

"So maybe he found a way to avoid the Pug-faced bitch!" Seamus and Ron chuckled causing Ginny to roll her eyes.

"You're so immature, Ronald!" She scolded her brother as she kicked his leg under table.

"Guys! Will you just help me look." Harry said flatly as they all turned to look for the missing blonde.

***

After five minutes of getting nowhere, Ginny and Seamus were standing on the bench, while Harry and Hermione were scanning the other tables. Ron, who had taken no interest in the subject to begin with, had given up looking and had devoted his attention to Lavender Brown, who was pouring her heart out to the redhead.

"Harry this is just getting pointless." Ginny sighed looking down at the Boy Who Lived.

"Harry, mate, I'm with your girlfriend on this one." Seamus admitted as he climbed down off the bench. "I mean, he's not going to turn up any time soon."

As if on queue, the doors to the Great Hall flew open and the four of them shot their heads round to face the doors. There, in the doorway, was a rather pale Draco Malfoy. He stood there for a few seconds and smirked as he noticed the four Gryfindor students staring intently at him.

"Am I that impressive!" He chuckled causing the entire Hall turned their attention to the Gryfindor table where the four of them began sarcastically laughing.

"Get over yourself!" Harry and Seamus scoffed.

The Gryffindor table erupted in "oohs" and broke down in laughter. Draco raised his eyebrows at Ginny and Hermione, noticing this and everyone fell silent again.

"I always knew you were gay, Potter. But you didn't give the girls chance to answer."

By now the entire hall had their attention on the two Gryfindor girls who exchanged glances and then broke down into tears of laughter.

"Oh Malfoy! You're so sweet!" The two laughed.

By now Pansy Parkinson was at Draco's side, clinging to his arm as if her life depended on it. Harry and Seamus took this as an opportunity to mock the girl.

"Oh Drakie! I love clinging to you and being as annoying as possible!" Seamus said in a high-pitched voice as loudly as possible as the whole Hall erupted in laughter.

"Oh Drakie! You can't look at any other girl in this school because they're not worth looking at, yet now that I think about it, neither am I!" Harry mocked in a really girly voice.

Pansy, who's face was now as red as it could possibly get, looked up at Draco, who was trying to contain his laughter, and nudged him expectantly. Draco simply looked down at her and shrugged, not sure what she wanted him to do. The Pug-faced bitch groaned and stormed off towards the four Gryffindor students who were making fun of her.

By the time she reached the Gryffindor table, the entire room was silent as they watched Pansy take a fistful of Hermione's hair in her hand causing the brunette to cry out in pain as Pansy dragged her over to Draco.

"Drakie, I want you to kill this little Mudblood!" Pansy whined as she threw Hermione on the floor in front of him.

Draco stood there frozen in fear. He didn't want to kill Hermione, she was the closest thing he had to a real friend, beside Blaise. He watched as Hermione knelt on the stone floor sobbing in pain as she clutched her wrist in her hand. Reluctantly, Draco pulled his wand from within his robe causing the entire Hall to gasp in fear.

"You kill her and I'll make your life hell, Malfoy!" Came Harry's voice from in distance which was quickly replace by a small gasp of pain.

"Calm down, will you!" Ginny told him causing Draco to look up from the sobbing girl and focus on her red haired friend who now had a small smile on her face."He wouldn't dream of hitting her, let alone killing her."

Draco felt his heart sink. Ginny was right; he wouldn't dream of harming Hermione in any way possible. However, he knew that if he didn't do something his reputation would be ruined, but the more he thought it over, the less it seemed like a bad idea. If he didn't kill Hermione, his Death-eater reputation would be demolished. Yet if he did, that reputation would be maintained.

He too a deep breath and held it as he prepare to do the one thing he could potentially regret for the rest of his life.

Cliffhanger! I have a bad habit of ending chapters like this. Do you think Draco will kill Hermione or even so much as hurt her? Let me know.

Thanks!