Chapter 8

The morning after the ball, Hermione woke up to find the dormitory empty and a note on her bedside table.

You make a very convincing Slytherin! Meet me Room of Requirement at 10:30.

She rolled over and looked at her watch on her arm. "Shit! I have ten minutes!"

The brunette jumped out of bed and began rushing around the room. She quickly pulled on a jumper that Mrs Weasley had made her for Christmas last year, along with some skinny jeans, before running out of the common room. As she headed for the door, Hermione felt a hand on her waist and when she turned, she found Harry looking rather confused.

"Mione, are you alright?" He questioned running a hand through his dark hair.

"Yes Harry. Yes, I'm fine I'm just running late that's all." She said in a hurry as she tried to run off again.

"Late. Late for what?" Harry asked still refusing to let her leave.

"Harry I'm really sorry, but I have to go!" And with that she ran off down the corridors to the Room of Requirement.

***

She shut the door behind her and leant against the wall, panting for breath. Hermione had ran all the way from the Gryfindor Common Room and straight to the Room of Requirement, wasting no time at all. She jumped as something stirred in the darkness of the room. Stupidly, she had left her wand back in the Common Room, so she had no way of defending herself. She slowly moved over towards a pile of old brooms and picked one up, pointing it towards the movement.

"See!" Came a familiar voice from within the shadows. "You're already acting like a Slytherin!"

***

Harry had become worried about Hermione's constant secrecy, so much that he almost followed her this morning. He was determined he would find out what was going on, he just didn't know where to start. He sat on the sofa in the Gryfindor Common room, watching the fire, he heard movement behind him and jerked round to see Ginny creeping towards him. She froze before letting a small groan escape her mouth as she sat beside him.

"You ruined my surprise!" She chuckled placing her hand into Harry's.

"Sorry, Gin." Was all he could manage to say before getting lost in his thoughts again.

There was a long pause of silence which caused Ginny to frown. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just..."

"Hermione? By any chance?"

Harry nodded as her turned to face the redhead. "How'd you?"

"She has been acting strange recently"

"So its not just me who noticed."

The two of them chuckled and fell silent again. It wasn't until an idea popped into Ginny's head when the two of them spoke up.

"Why don't you use the Mauders Map?" She suggested, leaning her head on Harry's shoulder.

"Oh Merlin! Gin you are amazing! I can't believe I never thought of that!" And with that he rushed upstairs to retrieve the map. When he returned, Ginny was sat waiting eagerly in the empty room. Harry activated the map using the words, "I solemnly swear, I am up to no good", and began scanning the parchment for Hermione's name.

"There!" Ginny exclaimed, slamming her hand down where her friends name was. However, a concerned look grew across Ginny's and Harry's face as they watched Hermione's name vanish from the map. The two exchanged glances.

"Well that's..." Harry began not taking his eyes off the parchment.

"Odd?" Ginny concluded as Harry continued to stare at the map. "Why would Hermione need to go in there?"

"It's almost as if..."

"Oh sweet Merlin!" Ginny gasped as she jumped off the sofa and turned to face Harry. "She's hiding something!"

"I knew it!" Harry exclaimed earning a confused look from Ginny. "This morning I caught her rushing out of here claiming she was late for something."

"Harry, just the person we've been looking for!" Came a voice from behind the couple, causing them to turn around.

"Parvati, can it wait? We have a bit of a problem." Harry sighed as he subtly tried to get rid of the two girls.

"Does your problem concern Hermione?" Lavender asked holding up a small piece of paper and passing it to Ginny. "We found it on her bedside table a minute ago."

Ginny read the note and quickly passed it to Harry who scanned through it before dropping it and rushing towards the door of the Common Room.

"Thank you!" He called to the girls as he and Ginny rushed off down the corridors towards the Room of Requirement.