Epilogue

Ceran-Pax, Curizan home world one year later....

Ben was checking the soil in the newly plowed field when he suddenly looked up. He slowly rose to his feet and put his fingers to his mouth. A loud whistle let Aaron know they had company.

His eyes softened on the slightly rounded figure of his wife. She was talking animatedly with several women from the small village where they had settled. Hanine was walking toward him with two men who had just purchased some of the 'hay' they harvested earlier.

"She's as beautiful today as she was yesterday," Aaron murmured, coming to stand next to Ben.

Ben laughed and slapped his brother on the shoulder. "You say that every day, bro. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were in love."

"Yeah, you'd think that," Aaron grinned as Hanine looked up at him and smiled before raising her eyebrow at him and holding out her right hand.

Aaron looked down at her hand when she opened it. Three bears sat in it. One large, one medium and one... his throat closed up as he saw the baby bear between them. His eyes flew to hers and a slow grin spread across his face before he ran the last few feet to her and swung her around with a loud laugh.

Yes, he thought as he looked up into her shining face. Dreams really can come true.