Chapter 31: Safe

En başından başla

"Why are you angry with me?" He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest, his muscles flexing.

"Because."

"Because?"

"Do you really have to ask that? Zayn, you defended the man who raped my best friend, you're holding me here captive AND you threatened to SPANK me! I'm allowed to be angry with you."

"And you have every right to be angry with me, but my threat still stands." He determined, leaning back against the countertop again. We glared at each other for another moment. Silence enveloped the kitchen, neither of us willing to give in. I let out a reluctant sigh. If we were going to be stuck here all night, might as well start a conversation.

"S-so, if I'm gonna stay here with you, then I gotta get that finance intern job interview at that firm lined up." I mutter, pretty much against my will. Zayn looks at me through narrowed eyes.

"You think I'm going to let you step foot out of this flat, nonetheless get a job? Darlin', I want you to be happy but I know that the second I give you freedom, you're outta here. You're going to run away and leave me here." He spoke slowly, watching my reaction cautiously.

"I won't run. Zayn, I have nowhere else to go. Even if I could make it to the airport, I don't have enough cash on me to by a third class ticket." He thinks this over, his eyes glancing up at the ceiling in thought.

"Even if I had a place to go, I'm not quite sure if I'd want to leave..." I added in, pretty much against my own will. His eyes snapped back to me.

"I can take care of you." He whispered. I glanced down at my food and then back up at him.

"I know, but I can take care of me too." I added in.

"I'll call Niall or one of the guys to pick up your clothes and whatever you have left at your flat." He mumbled, fishing out his cell phone. I saw the ends of his mouth go up as he tried to resist the urge to smile. He started to move towards the other room so he could make his phone call.

"And Darlin'," he paused in the doorway, "My threat still stands. Eat your food." I watched him walk away, disappearing into the other room.

"Hey man," I heard him greet.

"Nah, I got her. She's good." He laughed at something said on the other line.

"Mate, we'll head out and take care of that shit tomorrow night, yeah? Been a while since I've done a job like that."

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow. Make sure all the other lads know about it too, yeah?"

"Thanks man. D'you think you could do me a favor?" More deep chuckles.

"Not that kind of favor, mate, get your head out of the gutter- you sound like a fucking school boy."

"I just need you and one of the guys to go to Hannah's place and fetch her shit. She's moving in."

"Yeah, drop it off whenever. But Niall, do me a favor and ask either Liam or Louis. I don't want Harry coming around Hannah anytime soon." More chuckles.

"It's not him I'm worried about. She'd kill 'im, mate. I've no doubt about that."

"Thanks again. You too." Silence. I waited a moment before I heard his footsteps come closer. I pushed out of my chair and placed my plate in the sink. I turned around just in time to watch him come into the kitchen.

"Niall said that he'd go fetch your..." I met Zayn's eyes, which instantly narrowed at me. His jaw clenched as he looked at me.

"Are you fucking serious?!" He yelled at me. I winced at how loud and angry his voice got.