Chapter 8: Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV -

Casey is sitting on me. SHE IS FREAKING SITTING ON ME! I thought she was this sweet girl that wouldn't hurt a fly.

Then I got to know her.

Yeah...

I have a date and she is not going to ruin that for me.

"Casey! Get your butt off of me!" I yelled at here. She looked down at me with a phony confused expression as she pet Ralph.

"You're mute, not deaf!" I yelled again. She laughed soundlessly at me but controlled herself.

Omg! What if this is some initiation thing for Hydra? What if they have to steal my guy? I like him. They can't take him from me! What? Why? Why don't they love me?!?!

"Lobtato Shizwickers!!" Two voices yelled up the stairs. Casey perked up, jumped off of me, and skipped down the stairs. How did she manage to skip dow-

Thump.

Never mind.

I ran down stairs in hope that I was just over exaggerating. James and Saylor were in an intense staring contest and Haley was laughing at Casey who was sitting on her bottom at the end of the stairs.

I looked at everyone and they turned to me.

"Woah." James muttered. I blushed and the girls burst into laughter. I blushed even more and hit whoever was closest to me.

"Hey!" Haley yelped. I smiled innocently and walked over to James.

"Let's go before they interrogate you and sit on me more!" I demanded. He nodded and I pulled him out of the door.

I don't think this date will be normal.
••
"Are we there yet?" I said for the sixth time. He gave me a look and I shook my head and clicked my tongue. "It's your fault!"

He gave me a bewildered expression.

"How is it my fault?" He said. I gave him a pointed look.

"You won't tell me where we are going! All you have to do is tell me where we are going." I explained and guest urged forward.

"Hey! This is a good song!" James smirked widely and turned up the radio.

"I FEEL IT IN MY BONES!" James belted out. I laughed and joined him.

"ENOUGH TO MAKE MY SYTEM GROAN!

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE, TO THE NEW AGE, WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE, TO THE NEW AGE.

WHOA IM, WHOA IM,

RADIOACTIVE, RADIOACTIVE!" We were completely out of tune but it was fun. The entire way to wherever we were going, we sang Imagine Dragon songs.

If this was the end of the date, then I would die a happy woman.

Alas, it wasn't. It was only the beginning.

How do I know this? We pulled up to a bowling alley.
••
"You beat me again!" James crossed his arms and pouted. It looked honestly hilarious.

"You should have asked if I had ever played before!" I taunted and made another strike.

"I didn't know you were an expert!" He threw his arms up exasperated. I laughed and gave him a hug.

"I'm gonna go get drinks." Jason said. He walked off and I plopped in my seat.

These people would not stop texting me.

I answered a few texts before someone spoke up. I looked up with my eyebrows raised.

"Hey, I'm Denver." A guy spoke above me.

"Lucy." I spoke shortly. Don't get me wrong, he was fine, but he's not my type and I'm on a date.

"I was wondering if you were a camera, because every time I look at you, I smile." He replied cheekily.

Before I could respond with a really good comeback, a voice came from behind me.

"She taken."

My cheeks heated up and I saw the guy hold his hands up in surrender and walk off mumbling something about how he has failed at life.

"Taken, huh?" I said cheekily. It was his turn to blush.

"If you want..." He mumbled.

"Of course!" I kissed him and he stood there shocked as I skipped to his truck satisfied.

So much for those drinks!

Date: Success
••
I'm not posting the next chapter until writers block disappears.

But...

Updowns don't sound appealing either...

But...

I DO WHAT I WANT! Unless my friends do their mean voice...

Lucy and James' outfits above!
👍🏼

THATS ALL

TTYL