Nobility Part 2

Nobility

By LadyDawn

 Pictuer at Right is my Service Dog MaggieMae >>>>>

That day with all the company came and went, everyone there were so impressed with all of my siblings, I for one couldn't have been more happy for mom and dad, for all the praise they received about their beautifully behaved family. The little girl even said she loved my reddish blond curly hair that it was just like hers. I had to laugh when she told her mother she wanted to take me home with her that we could be such good friends indeed.

Six weeks later we had another visit, mother brought me aside to talk. Daughter I must tell you something you are special and this day you are to leave to do great work in a special school for children just like you. They will be here for you in a few I expect you to behave be proper, and most of all don't cry it isn't dignified. You are the finest of the bunch picked above all the rest, we will see you at graduation in two years.

Yes that was two years ago, I am now with that little girl. Being first in my class, I am able to retrieve anything she drops, open doors and even pull her around with ease. In case you had not guessed, I graduated from service dog school. My brothers and sister were tops in their class, show dogs one and all top dogs they surly be. Though they looked down on me, for I worked for a living, I am the happiest dog in the litter.

For it happened that one cold night, winter wind blew such a fright, with the power out and the fireplace lit for warmth, the candles lit up our house for all to see. I went in to check in on my little miss, she was in her room in bed with a fever that night. She reached for a drink knocking over the candle starting a fire in her bedroom. I started to bark, the jumped onto the bed, with my mouth I bit into her night dress and dragged her from that room to her safety.

The fire did damage to her room, and part of the house in general. But thanks to me, my little girl was safe, and they say I am a hero for what I did.

Now I don't know what a hero is? But I just did what I thought was right, now we can go back to playing drop and pick up again. I love my little girl that I live with and would not trade with anyone of my brothers or sister this is my life and I love it.

 My name by the way is the humble Lady MaggieMae. Woof Woof

The End