Sadly No Longer Alone

'Just go!'

'No! It's weird!'

I laughed at their thoughts racing through my head. 'I can close my eyes or turn away?' I offered, huffing a laugh while I sat on my haunches.

We had been traveling several hours at top speed, and of course now Blaine had to make a pit stop. Not only that, but he was embarrassed to pee with me in any form of proximity. 

'It might actually.' Blaine sheepishly thought, his head lowering in embarrassment.

I saw Jacob roll his eyes as he circling his friend. 'Look, there is a nice tree over there. Just lift your leg and go!'

Blaine looked between us two and then jogged over to the tree. I turned away and closed my eyes. When I didn't hear anything for a minute I got confused and peeked over my shoulder. Blaine was walking around sniffing.

'Just go Blaine!' I yelled at him in my thoughts and his wolf jumped up in surprise. 

'You're not supposed to be looking!'

'And you are supposed to be peeing!' He had to be the derpiest wolf ever! Like Moon Moon from that tumblr post!

He rolled his eyes at me and kept sniffing. 'Jacob, do you smell that?' He asked a little warily, and my brow line mashed together in confusion.

'What?' I sniffed the air tentatively, but I could only smell the grass and dirt and trees around us.

Jacob began sniffing also, standing over by Blaine and searching the ground for a trace of whatever Blaine was referring too. 'The must have negotiated the treaty early.'

'What do we do with her?'

'Guys?'

Jacob looked at me. 'Madden, I am going to ask you to do something a little unorthodox, but it's for your safety.'

'Why? What's going on?'

'A pack nearby just expanded their borders. Originally, our path would not have cut through their lands, but the treaty passed earlier than we expected.' Blaine explained. 'They think we are invading.'

'Madden. I need you to lay between the two of us, like we had just attacked you and pinned you. Blaine will stand over you.'

'What?!' I yelled at him, howling out my objection.

'Just trust us! This way you will look like a runaway from a nearby pack that two guardians were sent after.' Jacob growled at me, growing impatient as to whatever was coming.

Blaine walked over and waiting, and pushed me onto my back when I didn't move fast enough, pinning me with one of his huge paws on my throat. I growled at him in response, reflexively trying to squirm.

'That's good! Act like that Madden!' Jacob encouraged in his head.

'From the north.' Blaine thought as he turned and looked that way. 

I strained to turn in that direction, but Blaine moved so that he stood over me, his lips pulled back over his teeth in a snarl and his teeth near my throat. I snarled back at him, trying to squirm some more and snapping my teeth a little.

Five huge wolves broke through the trees just then. They were all crouched and growling at us, maws dripping as the snapped at us. I was a little concerned when I realized that we were outnumbered. but they had a plan, and they were supposed to protect me, so it had to be okay.