CHAPTER ONE

Best friends forever

Megan's POV

The only thing I hated more than waking up early on a Saturday morning was being woken up by my extremely hyper active excuse of a best friend Tyler at 7am!

"Wake up Sweet cheeks! The sun is up; it's a beautiful spring morning in the vibrant New York City and one not to be wasted by wilting away in bed!" He said in a cheerful voice that made me cringe and snuggle more into the warmth and comfort of my bed, "Oh no you don't!" I hear him say before a sudden coldness takes over my body causing my eyes to snap open.

At the edge of my bed stood Tyler with a look of satisfaction on his face and his arms crossed over his chest making his already big biceps flex and look larger. He might have been sexy as hell but he wasn't my type and not to mention his heart was pretty much taken, but that's a story for another day.

Tyler was dressed in black washed jeans and a white V-neck shirt with his black hair gelled up in a Mohawk. He just stood there watching me with his chocolate brown eyes daring me to snatch my blanket back.

Seeing no escape from the cruel reality I huffed, got out of bed and made my way into the bathroom but not before giving him one of my deadliest glares, which should have had him shrinking in fear but instead he gave me a triumphant smirk and walked out of my room.

After a full ten minutes of coaxing myself to get into the shower I stripped off my clothes and got in, allowing the warm water to wash away my sleepiness.

Thirty minutes later I was out of the shower, dressed and ready for whatever it is Tyler dragged me out of bed for. It was times like these that I sorely regretted giving him a copy of the key to my apartment.

Walking out of my room I yelled with a fierce voice, "Tyler Ashton Avvery! If you don't have a damn good reason for waking me up at 7am on a Saturday morning you better call your mom right now and tell her you love her because you are as good as dead!"

By the time reached the kitchen all I saw was an amused Tyler looking at me trying but failing to hide the grin on his face while holding out a cup of fresh coffee to me, "We are going out today! It's been a long time since we spent all day just having fun the way we used to and I decided that it's about time the world saw a little of this sexy face that they have been so dearly deprived of." he finished gesturing to himself with a huge grin

"Ha-ha very funny Ty but I don't recall us planning this obviously sad and abrupt sleep depriving trip today." I said as I sipped my coffee, watching him through my long lashes, "Oh and where's my breakfast? You know the rules." I add with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh quit complaining and finish up so we can go, I'll buy you breakfast while we're out." muttering a few obscenities under my breath I finished my coffee and grabbed my purse with my keys and cell phone before stomping out of the apartment followed by a very amused Tyler.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're really not just a child trapped in the body of a Twenty-four year old." he said with a thoughtful face, "Oh You know you love me like this. Now, where is it we are headed?" I ask batting my long lashes.

"Unfortunately, I do. We are going to purple rose." he said peering at my Cheshire cat smile through the corner of his eye.

I Love Purple Rose! It's a little resort about forty five minutes outside of New York City with one of the best views I've ever seen and some pretty awesome sights and activities, after being best friends with Tyler for six years I'd grown pretty accustomed to packing an extra bag with items for various activities so this behaviour didn't shock me at all.