Chapter Three

After the guards had left the room, Lisa sent me a small smile before speaking. "Come on, let's talk," Gripping my hand, she led me over to the couch and motioned for me to sit down. After a few moments, she spoke: "Do you know what mates are?" I thought about it for a moment before nodding my head. My mother had said Nick was her mate. "Well every werewolf has a mate so do most other species."

"My mother and Nick are mates." Lisa nodded her head as she grabbed my hand and moved to sit down next to me. 

"Do you feel that?" I nodded as my hand started to tingle slightly "We are mates. My wolf is going crazy right now because we can't call out to the one you call Erebus." I pulled Lisa's hand up to my face and purred in delight. I took a few seconds before growling and allowing her hand to fall.

"You kissed him!" I quickly jumped off the couch and started pacing in front of the couch. Lisa sighed before smiling sadly in my directions. 

"He was an arranged marriage. I am twenty-three, Cosmic. Wolves normally find their mates between eighteen and twenty. I've called the marriage off." I nodded, although not any happier.

"Well, I want you to shower. I can't really smell him on you but I know it's there!" Her laugh entered my ears causing me to smile.

"I'll get right to it hun, but for now I need you to stay here. My parents are worried. You did a number on my guards." I looked at her at her confused causing her eyes to widen a bit "Do you not remember?" I slowly shook my head "You scared the shit out of me and my guards. You were like nothing we had to ever deal with."

"Are you afraid of me?" I don't want my mate afraid of me. She quickly shook her head.

"No. You were just very angry and I was worried about my guards!" She stood up from the couch and grabbed my hands.

"Did I kill anyone?" She again shook her head before letting go of my hands and walking over to the door and allowing a young woman in and from her attire, I was guessing she was a doctor.

"This is Emily. She's my family's doctor who also happens to be an angel so she'll be able to check on your wings." I growled, slightly shifting away from her. Emily quickly took a step back. I was over six foot so I easily towered over both of the girls as I stood up from the couch.

"Just give me back Erebus and I'll heal." Lisa shook her head before meeting my eyes in a challenging manner.

"She's still there. You just can't access her now sit down." I followed her command even if I didn't want to. "Good girl!" She purred as she stepped back and beckoned Emily over. I allowed Emily to do whatever and after a good ten minutes, she finally spoke.

"Everything looks fine. Now can you bring your wings out?" I looked down at the ground knowing I couldn't which caused both of the girls to look at me weird. "You can't bring your wings out?" I shook my head before dropping my head into my hands.

"Not without Erebus. I never learned to bring my wings out." I paused before speaking again. "Erebus normally does it for me." Emily looked shocked before swallowing.

"Oh well I guess I can teach you unless you want to wait-" She looked towards Lisa whose eyes were glazed over. Lisa hesitated for a second before speaking.

"I mean, yeah go ahead and teach her." Lisa walked over and sat on the couch.

"Well, I have never taught anyone how to do this before but my angel told me just to picture a pair of beautiful white wings!" A large smile grew on Emily's face. I nearly laughed when she said white wings but I did what she said. My mind went to my pitch black wings and I soon felt a sharp sting in my back causing me to growl. Lisa's eyes scanned me with worry and I could feel her need to come help me. I flung my hand up, telling her to stay still as another wave of pain hit me. If this was the pain, I would feel every time then I was thankful for Erebus. Within a few minutes, the pain was gone and I could feel the weight of my wings.  I heard a gasp and turned to see Emily staring at me in fear "I thought you said she was an angel!" Emily took a few steps back from me before looking at Lisa.

"She's a hybrid," Lisa said walking over to me, walking around me checking my wings before putting her hands on the center of my back. Lisa ran her hands over my wings causing me to shiver before she turned her head to Emily "She is an angel, just an angel hybrid now come and look at these. I'm pretty sure she is missing some feathers" Emily slowly nodded before approaching me. She did a quick inspection of my wings before Lisa dismissed her. "Stay here." Lisa turned and followed Emily out the door leaving me alone.