Chapter 2

"Oh, I'm April, Calum's friend, well best friend." I answered turning back to the cabinets and grabbing a bag of chips. I looked for the popcorn box but couldn't seem to find it.
"You looking for this?" I heard him say, I turned and saw him holding the popcorn box in his hand.
"Yeah, can I have it," he threw it to me and it was empty.
"Sorry looks like you have to go buy some," he said walking back upstairs.
I looked around for something that could substitute the popcorn. I decided to grab a pizza from the freezer since the hunger grew in me. I waited for 15 minutes and all I wanted was to sit and watch a movie.
"Hey what's taking so long?" I heard Calum as he made his way down the stairs.
"Oh nothing, that guy ate the last pack of popcorn so I wanted to make a pizza," I said looking at the pizza in the oven. He came and leaned his back against the counter.
"Did he make any moves on you, or say anything to you?" he asked raising his eyebrow. It was strange seeing Calum act this way about a guy, it seemed really suspicious.
"No, we just had a quick one sentence conversation." The oven beeped and I quickly opened it. I put it on the counter and looked for a pizza cutter.
I served them on the plates and handed one to Calum.
"OKAY LETS GO!" I said running to his room.
We sat on his beanbags and began to watch Back to the Future.

After several hours, we were on our 6th movie & finished mostly everything in the kitchen with many trips up and down the stairs. I looked over at Calum and he was almost passed out but trying to stay awake to finish the movie.
"I'm going to go to bed ," I said getting up and throwing myself on the bed. I laid in the same spot I've been sleeping in ever since the first night I've stayed here. Our friendship felt more like a brother and sister thing, and I loved that, especially being an only child.
I looked up at the ceiling and felt Calum lay next to me with his back facing towards me.
All of a sudden I heard the beep of a car locking and the front door opening. I decided to get up and check it out.
I walked downstairs and saw a shadow against the wall. I couldn't make up the silhouette of the shadow and didn't have a clue of who it could be. I decided to turn back around and make my way back up the stairs.

"April?"