XII

I can't find her anywhere. It's as if the crowd of people just ate her alive.

"Hey! Skai, what did you do to Amy?!"

Wolfe grabs my elbow, and I turn around.

"Where is she?"

"She ran into the restroom, looked peeved as Hell."

"Fuck."

I pull away from Wolfe, and I make my way into the bathroom.

"Wait Skai!" He shouts over the music, "Be careful! She's sensitive!"

I open the door, and find her washing her hands in front of the mirror. It's a single bathroom, so I lock the door behind me just to make sure that no one tries to barge in and drunkenly throw up on us.

Trust me, it's happened before.

"Amy? Let me talk, okay?"

She rubs the soap on her hand furiously, and I slowly continue. "She came at me. I didn't just invite her onto my lap. I really couldn't move."

"Do you even know how full of shit you are?"

She glares, and I sigh.

"You know," she continues, "I should have figured you'd pull some stunt like this. there were clues. Like that stupid shirt in your room."

"Are you really still mad about that? Seriously?"

She averts her gaze, and I sigh.

'Why are you so freaked out, Amy? You know that I'd never hurt you like that. Especially not with someone like Alaska."

When she refuses to meet my gaze, I step forward and grab her soapy hands in mine.

"You're twice as beautiful as she is."

I realize that Amy isn't actually angry. She's just self-conscious. She's upset because she thinks I'm not into her, that I'm leaving her again.

"Amy, I don't want Alaska, or the girl who left her stupid shirt at my house. They mean nothing to me. You're the only girl I care about. I just want to be with you."

"Skai..."

She looks at me sadly, and turns around so that her back is facing me.

"Let's just go back out there, okay?"

I frown.

"No. Amy, why are you acting so weird? I'm trying to tell you the truth, I'm not going to mess around with anyone while we're together."

"Okay. I believe you. Whatever."

"Whatever?"

She looks at me angrily, and I stand against the wall awkwardly.

What the Hell is with her tonight? Only an hour ago we were perfectly fine!

"Amy, what did I do?"

She covers her face with her hands, and leans against the bathroom wall as if she just ran a five mile marathon. "You didn't do anything, Skai."

"Then why do I feel terrible? Why do you look so upset? Earlier we were perfectly happy. And now I feel like you're trying to push me away or something... I'm honestly getting a little wip-lashed here, Amy."

"I am pushing you away."

She mumbles it so quietly that I don't believe she really said it.