2

L was more focused on the investigation today and seemed almost happier than normal. He had planned to go straight to Light the second the other members left. Light lay on his bed half thinking of the investigation and half of his friend. He was hoping he would be visited again by L and was mentally shaping all his features. He smiled to himself as he had completed his face and he continued to think about the detective.

L wasn't there for long that night and he didn't go the night after. Light was disappointed as he wished he could be with L right now. Instead he dreamed about the detective. When he awoke he was astonished to find his dreams with L had been rather intimate. He just shook it off as confusion and awaited L's arrival somewhat eagerly.

When L opened the last door Light looked up and smiled. L copied and came in immediately removing the handcuffs. They sat together enjoying the others company. L kept gazing at Light and a couple of times Light saw this but wasn't fazed. L didn't stop either as he was admiring all Lights features. He loved the way his autumn brown hair hung over his face where it was getting too long. And his brown eyes glistened making L feel as if he was melting.

"Ryuzaki is there any chance I could have a hair cut? It's getting really out of hand now."

"I will talk to Watari about it when I go back."

"Thank you. I appreciate it."

"Anything Light." L instantly regretted with these words as they gave away too much of his intentions and he didn't want it to be this obvious. Everytime Light was involved his judgement and deduction was thrown off. Light was shocked at this choice of words but he felt kind of honored or grateful.

"So Ryuzaki, have you discovered the identity of your crush yet?"

"No. May I ask how would I tell?" L just wanted to hear Light say the words.

"Well it would be one person who you spend most of the time thinking of. When they say something to you it feels more important than anything else. You want them to be with you or you will go to them. They most likely occupy your dreams and every thought. All and everything they do makes you smile and you just feel it." Light suddenly stopped smiling at the realisation of his own words. He had just described his own current emotions about L. This couldn't be right he would figure this out when L was gone. He looked back at the detective and his heart was beating faster.

"Thank you Light. I belive that helped." L loved hearing Light speak in such a way and it gave him butterflies. But he noticed Lights mood had changed. "Light are you feeling okay?"

"Yes I'm fine." He got up off the bed and walked to the bars. L followed closely behind.

"Light this is unusual for you. Are you sure there's nothing wrong? Because if there is I'm here and you can tell me." L would hate for Light to be sad and not tell him. But these words hit Light hard. He broke down in tears and L wrapped his arms around him instantly. Light didn't know exactly why he was crying so much. He fell towards the floor and L stayed holding him. Light leaned in to L and sobbed. This was hurting L to see Light in this state and he gave up on keeping it on the down low for now. He rubbed up and down his arm as well as gently stroking his hair.

Light quickly hushed up as being in L's arms calmed him. But L didn't stop and Light was happy he didn't. Light snuggled into L's shirt and L smiled. When they sat back on the bed L returned to his plan.

"Do you know what made you break down Light?"

"I just think it all suddenly became too much."

"Is that my fault? Should I not come here?" L's eyes were wide and he really hoped this wouldn't be the case. Light was suddenly worried also. He wanted L here.

"NO! Uh, no. It's not you. In fact you make it easier." L smiled and almost held Lights hand. When his hand moved towards Light's he remembered his plan just before the two touched and he quickly pulled his hand back. Light noticed it all.

"Ryuzaki, are you sure you don't know who your crush is?"

"Light I should go now."

"Oh okay. Will you be back tomorrow?" There was hope and desperation in his voice and L heard it and stopped where he was.

"Do you want me to?" He turned back around. Light looked down slightly guilty that he had been so obvious.

"Yes."

"Then I will be back." As the detective started to leave,

"Wait! You forgot the handcuffs." L smiled as Light was actually asking to be restricted. He went and recuffed him then left.

He walked back out the building beaming with joy. The things Light had said felt extremely special to him and he went home and continued his investigation. Light lay on his bed thinking. Could he really love the detective? His dreams and his sudden changes of mood backed this up. Being around L threw off his emotions but he was still happier around him. He was longing to be beside the detective, but one thing played on his mind the most. Who was L's cush? Part of him thought it was him. But that could easily be hope talking. But why won't L tell him who it is? Also L was showing an unusual amount of emotion and affection towards Light. Didn't Light see that L was going to hold his hand? Light would see what his dreams would hold tonight but he was pretty sure he liked L.

As he was drifting off to sleep something shock him awake. I'm not gay! He thought. But could he be? He had always thought nobody can control love, but he had never had a crush on a boy or dated a boy before. He figured he could be gay. And fell asleep with the detective in mind.

L now knew this was a crush as he got butterflies at the thought of Light and he had this feeling. It was sunday and most of the team were with their families so L left early to go and see Light. He took his laptop and hurried to Light's room. Light had decided that he like liked L and would find a way to be with him. But would the world's best detective really go into a relationship with the number one suspect for the kira case? He'd try.

When the one who he was daydreaming of walked through the door, he smiled as normal but he felt the butterflies and joy in his stomach. L walked in with his laptop and freed Light as normal. He placed his computer on the bed and crouched as normal, his thin fingers gliding over the keys. Light watched him dreamily, answering his occasional questions.

"So why are you working on the investigation in here?"

"Well you wanted me here and I wanted to be with you aswell." The words were out of his mouth before he could regret them. Light grinned massively and very slowly moved closer to L.

"Do you still not know your crush."

"Light may I ask why you are so intent on learning this fact about me?"

"Oh no reason."

"Well is it really important for you to know?"

"I'd very much like to." L turned to face Light and Light moved so he could see him. Both their hearts beat faster and their breath mixed.

"Who is your crush Light?" Light was taken back.

"Uh, I uh," He turned away, "I don't have one." He gulped and L held his face and turned him to look in to his eyes.

"Don't lie to me."