x. A VISION OF THE DEAD

✢ ✢ ✢

When Foster finally made it to the school, she was instantly met with various lacrosse players milling around in a panic, dealing with the aftermath of that night's events. It appeared that it was indeed Garrett who was the assassin, along with his girlfriend, Violet.

While Garrett had escaped the police's clutches, Violet hadn't. In fact, Violet not only tried to behead Brett, but when she failed to do so, she tried to do it to Scott. Being a true alpha, the scenario didn't work out in Violet's favor, hence why she was now in custody.

Foster had found out about all of this when Stiles had finally called his dad, Sheriff Stilinski offering to take Foster along with him. She had arrived at the station with Lydia and Malia, but the two were ready to go home after decoding another third of the list.

This third of the list had Foster's head turning into a mess. While Brett wasn't a huge priority of hers, Parrish was. Jordan Parrish was not only on the deadpool, but he was worth five million dollars. Compared to most names on the list, that was a lot. It paled in comparison to Foster's whopping twenty five million, but that was a damn good amount of money.

Maybe that's why he was never apprehensive about going along with everything she and Lydia were doing. Maybe because he was aware of what they were and was merely acting innocent. That could have been it the entire time, and if so, why?

Or, Parrish could be completely blind to the world of the supernatural. He didn't seem shady, in Foster's opinion. In fact, he appeared to genuinely want to help. Even he had admitted that it seemed that she knew more about what was going on in this town than he did. Why would he say that if he were aware of the werewolves and banshees and kitsunes?

Which was why Foster was completely lost and confused as she finally entered the high school. Her main priority as of right now was finding Scott to make sure he was okay. While she knew he didn't have his head lopped off, she was still worried for him.

Although, Scott was not the first person Foster ran into. In fact, the first familiar face she was met with was the one belonging to Liam Dunbar. 

The moment the beta noticed Foster enter the doors of the high school, he was pushing through a crowd of Devenford players to get to her side. His blue eyes were wide, rushing toward the girl in front of him.

Worried about the newly bitten beta, Foster's eyes raked the boy up and down, checking for any sorts of injuries or wounds. "Are you okay?"

Liam was quick nod, explaining, "Yeah, we all are. It was Violet and Garrett, they were after Brett."

She nodded, breathing out, "Yeah, I know. I saw the third of the list. You're still not on it, which is good."

As she spoke, she raised herself onto her tippy toes in order to try and find Scott. She had no idea where he could be at, and she wanted to find him quickly. She needed to tell him about Parrish, that much she knew. It was driving her mad not knowing what Parrish was. No, it drove her mad that she was just now finding out that he was supernatural. 

She also wanted nothing more than to talk to Parrish. She wanted to insinuate the idea of the supernatural and see how he reacted. Just a slight reaction could give her the answer that she needed, and she was indeed determined to get one. Foster refused to be blindsided by this information, which was why rather than beating around the bush, she was going to get her answers.

Liam, on the other hand, could see her eyes scanning the crowd. Instantly, he knew that she was in search of Scott. Only having been in association with them for a few days, he had picked up on the pack's dynamic. He knew that Foster and Scott were without a doubt more than friends with how frequently they were holding hands and stealing kisses in the hallway.