Capítulo sem título 7

Nicky thought it was a good idea to tell her the adventures they had gone through in the museum. She was listening to what had happened in Larry's first week of working there. Larry was sitting beside her and added details to the story sometimes."Wait so this old men knew karate?" "Yeah and they beat the crap out of my dad!" "Language, Nicky". She heard the whole story and then she asked " So what happened to them?" "They were arrested but they are already out. Cecil even helped me one other time" "You said a few years later there was another problem" "Oh yes! You're gonna love this!". Nicky then proceeded to tell her what had happened when they met Kahmunrah. " Wait! You met Amelia Earhart? The Amelia Earhart?! And you kissed her?!" "She kissed me! Several times" "And you met Abraham Lincoln too?" "Yeah although he wasn't what you'd expect" "But you never told me when Cecil helped you out" "Oh that was another time a few years ago...". So they told her about what happened when they went to London. " The tablet is ok now right?" "Yeah all it needed was moonlight".At that moment, Ahk came in the room. " Hello Larry and Nicky. Have you seen (Y/-" he finnaly noticed that you were there "Oh good evening (Y/N). I was looking for you" "Hey Ahk" "I came to ask if you wanted to walk around together but I see you're busy" "No, actually I'd love to go with you" she turned to Larry and Nicky "if you don't mind" "Go ahead. There aren't any other adventures to tell anyway. Bye!" "Thank you. Bye sweeties!".Ahk and (Y/N) started walking. "You called them 'sweeties'" "As I said before: I have the habit of calling people by silly little nicknames" "The other day you called me sugar". She started blushing and said in a whisper "You are very sweet to me so..." they both blushed. (Y/N) changed the topic quickly. "You never told me you had a brother" she immediately regretted saying it because he started to frown. "I don't really like to talk about him. Probably because he killed me in my sleep" "Oh I'm sorry. I won't speak of him again" "Thank you". The awkward silence that had settled was bugging both of them. "Hey..." said (Y/N) "I have always been curious about life in Ancient Egypt. Could you tell me how was your daily routine? It's not something that you can learn from books". He was rather surprised to hear that. In fact he didn't respond for a few seconds because of the instant lack of words. Unfortunately (Y/N) took it the wrong way. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to! I mean- you probably don't and I- I don't want to make upset- you know what? Let's forget I even asked that and just continue-" "My daily routine was pretty boring" he said interrupting her rant "And it is alright. I just didn't know what to say. No one has ever asked about it" "So you wouldn't mind sharing a few things?" She said getting excited "That's great! I always wanted to know because one time I was studying about and I couldn't find anything and now that I have internet I tried again but with the same results so I find it really interesting and blah blah blah blah ...". Even if everything she said was interesting, this time he couldn't pay attention. She was so happy and carefree because of him... Because of HIM! Strangely, that made him happy too. The night went on until it was sunrise.The next night, Larry was just about to close when he heard someone calling his name." Larry! Oh it's so good to see you!". Larry turned around to see Cecil, Reginald and Gus waiting for him."Hey guys! What are you doing here?" "We can't visit you?" "Visit me?" "Yeah! Plus we missed the museum" said Reginald "Ok then, you want to come in right?" said Larry moving out of the door so they could get in.They went in different directions and Larry chose to go with Cecil. "So you guys are really just visiting me and the exhibits?" "I understand that it's hard to believe after what we did but that's what we're here for. In fact it was Reginald's idea" he said as they walked through one of the many corridors.Meanwhile, (Y/N) was with Ahk as usual. They were distracted with each other and didn't hear Gus coming their way until he said "Hey kid!". Both (Y/N) and Ahk turned to see who had called them. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Ahk getting confused and scared. 'Wait... Scared? Why is he scared of this old man? It's not like he's going to hurt us... Right?'."Who are ya?" he asked (Y/N) "I could ask you the same thing" "I'm Gus. Ex-night guard" "Ah yes I've heard about you. I'm (Y/N) the newest exhibit" "Nice to meet ya. I've gotta get going" he said before he went away. (Y/N) and Ahk resumed their walk in silence but (Y/N) noticed the foul look on Ahk's face. "What's wrong, sugar?" "I don't like him..." "May I know why?" "He was one of the night guards who locked me in my sarcophagus for 54 years. They said that I scared the others" "Goodness! Well if it makes you feel better I don't trust him either" she said trying to comfort him but he just walked with a scowl on his face "...Ahk?" "Oh sorry I was just thinking about my tomb..." "Ahk... are you... claustrophobic?" she asked a bit afraid of his reaction. He blushed and looked away. "Yes I guess that's a way of putting it" "I'm sorry. I understand that it's awful. If I can help just ask" "Thank you" he said before remembering something and asking "Why don't you trust him?" "I don't trust any of them. They were night guards for a long time. They could be enjoying the wonders of retirement right now. Most people hate their job and judging by the way they wanted Larry to take over (he told me everything) I think they hated it too. So if they don't like this place, if they have been sent to jail because of this place and they could be resting for the rest of their lives, why come here? And why now? Even if nothing is going on they would ask Larry if they could come and they would ask during the day. So I think they are up to something and that they came without warning so that we couldn't take precautions". He looked awkwardly at her "... But of course this could be my imagination" she said blushing. The whole time she had talked they had stopped walking but didn't notice they were being watched. Fortunately for them it was just Larry who had separated from Cecil and had heard everything she said. "I think you're right (Y/N)" he said stepping out of the shadows "they came here with a purpose but I think Cecil isn't in it. I think it's just Reginald and Gus" "Wait! What if they came here for the tablet again?" Said Ahk. They all looked at each other and ran to the tomb but when they got there the tablet was still in its place. They sighed in relief until Ahk took a second look at the tablet. "Wait a minute" he said as he ran to it. He knocked on its surface and they heard an empty sound. He looked back to Larry and (Y/N) with a frightened look. "It has been replaced" "We have to catch them!" "But how? We don't have time to check every door" said Larry. "I've got an idea" said (Y/N). She took off in a run to the entrance. She took the phone that Larry used to call the exhibits when he wanted to introduce her to everyone and screamed at it."Attention exhibits" she screamed. Everyone stopped what they were doing to listen to her "The tablet has been stolen! I repeat! The tablet has been stolen. Reginald and Gus, the old night guards have it and they're getting away. We have to catch them. Now listen to me very carefully! Miniatures, you go set traps for them (and yes I know they are hearing us that's why I'm leaving what the traps are to you). Soldiers, you go to the main entrance and make sure that nobody gets out. Animals, you get the back door. Easter Island Statue, if you see anything you scream it. The rest check every corridor! Lock every exit you find even windows. And if you catch them take them to me. Now GO!".
All around the museum exhibits moved quickly to their positions. She saw the soldiers take their place at the main door while some of them looked behind everything looking for the old men. She went back to meet with Larry and Ahk when she noticed that Larry just got off the phone. "Who were you calling?" "Nicky. I think it's better if we have help. By the way, nice work on calling everyone with the intercom" "Thanks. How long does Nicky take to get here" "About 10 minutes" "Ok then. First we have to lock every possible exit there is" "How many are there, Larry?" asked Ahk "I'm not sure but there can't be many-" "There are 27 possible exits" said (Y/N) "How do you know?" "I counted. 5 doors and 22 windows" "Ok so how do we do that?" "From my calculations we'll have to close 1 door and 5 windows. The rest of the museum is taking care of the rest". She took them to where the exits were. While they were walking Larry turned to her and said "You know, you're really good at this" "This?" "Yeah the whole making sure everything is good thing. You seem to always have a plan. Did you do this often" "Yeah it was kind of my job. I wished I wasn't good at it. Maybe they would never need me to do it" "Exactly who was they?" "Look!" Said Ahk interrupting their conversation. At the end of a corridor was Cecil all tied up and with tape covering his mouth. They quickly ran to him and untied him. "Are you ok?" "Yes. I know something you might want to hear" "What is it?" "They are planning to get out through the roof" "This place has a door to the roof? I didn't know that! Nobody told me! Why didn't anybody told me" she said frantically "I didn't send anyone to guard the roof" "Then we have to get there as fast as we can". They started to run when suddenly, Larry's phone rang "Nicky! Where are you?... Look Reginald and Gus have the tablet and they're going to escape through the roof. We are almost there so I need you to take the intercom and warn everyone what is happening ok? Take care"When they reached the roof they heard voices outside. It was Reginald's voice. They opened the door very slowly. Both Reginald and Gus were with their backs facing the door so they got out without a problem. Beside them there were two columns. They hid behind them, Larry behind the one on the right and Ahk and (Y/N) behind the one on the left.Ahk took the moment to analyze the situation he was in. (Y/N) was with her back to the column and he was pressed against her face to face. They were both breathing heavily from running so much and their faces were so close that if they looked in each other's eyes, their noses would touch. He looked down at her. She finnaly looked back and moved a lock of her (H/C) hair behind her ear. She started blushing but this time she didn't look down. Just as she was going to say something they heard the fainting sound of Nicky's voice through the intercom warning everyone. They looked at Larry who looked back telling them that he had heard it too.(Y/N)'s heart began to beat very fast her face started to show worry. She looked at Ahk. Seeing her face he hugged her and whispered in her ear "It is going to be alright. I'll make sure of it".But was it going to be alright though?..