Separation

After that incident they watched me very carefully, the doctors and nurses. Before they hadn't really known what people were talking about, I'd been trying to act normal, but now they knew. They knew what I could see, or claimed to see. Now they thought of me as strange, a top priority on their 'cure' list, imagine their publicity, curing a girl with witch-like abilities. I was easily annoyed by them, especially the therapists and the strategies they used. Most of them seemed to hurt. If I blanked out, had a vision of the future, he'd give me a little shock, that happend often.

 So that's how life was the next several years. New people came in, and the most that did get out left in coffins. I would see things, scream, and then get sent to the room with monitors to get the shock treatment. I had it so many times that now, pain didn't hurt me, or phase me. It was like I'd become immune to it.

   The things that did change was my room, I was no longer on the second floor with my little window, but now I was in the basement of the complex. It was always dark down here, and cold, a little leaky also. Water dripped from the pipes. After all the incidents of me leaving my room they'd decided to lock me down here, rarely did I get the permission to leave and go upstairs, get some sunlight. It's so pitiful in the dark, I can't read anymore. The only thing I do now is eat, when I'm fed, and sleep on my cot. Boy how things have changed.

    I had only one friend there, granted he was the janitor but still. He'd discovered me in my 'cell' one day, all his supplies are in the basement. He opened my door and smiled, it felt like forever since someone had been friendly towards me. He sat down on the floor and talked with me briefly before he had to go back to work. After that he took the time to visit me everyday he was on hand.

His name was Johnathan and he was gorgeous. He had brown curly locks that fell smoothly on the side of his face.  He was tall, which isn’t saying much compared to my  4’10 frame, I had to look up to everyone. His face was beautiful, his body too, I could tell he was fit, even with the uniform. But he had these eyes, they were so enchanting. Sometimes they were dark almost black, at others they were bright and a pretty golden color. I wondered about that, in fact I asked him about it once and he told me it was a heredity thing, like me being short. He chuckled and I just smiled and didn’t ask about it anymore.  I was too happy to have someone that talked to me like I was normal, and someone who was cheerful and lively, so I didn’t care. John believed me when I told him of my premonitions. He thought that I should be praised for this, and not looked down upon. I smiled and muttered, "I wish."

     One night I was lying on my cot, staring into the darkness, when a man walked into my room. I saw his faint shadow from the small light in the hall and I turned around to face the doorway where he was standing. I squinted as I looked and easily realized I had never seen this man before. He didn't work here, at least I thought he didn't. I stared at him and he reminded me of my friend, for he too was gorgeous.  He was blond and had his hair tied back in ponytail. He wore a loose long sleeve shirt, it was white, not counting the red stains… I looked up and we made eye contact, I noticed his eyes were different, he had bright red eyes that frightened me. He inhaled, sniffing. Then I saw it, mentally of course, I watched as he was going to attack me. So before I could give him that chance I leaped off of the cot and I tried to run out of the room. He wouldn't allow this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment or vote and please and tell me if you like it so far:)