THE LAST GOODBYE

Black door. Black curtain. The outfit Sam wore was also black. He looked so tired and weak.
Leaning his back against the cold stiff coffin, Sam fell asleep after a long day full of tears and pain. Tears rolling on his cheeks now had been dried out into lines. Dean wanted to wipe them off. Dean wanted to put a blanket over his little brother.
But he couldn't.
Because he was just a ghost.
The wind blew cold, rushing into the solitary room, messing up Sam's hair. The boy shuddered.
Didn't need to turn back, Dean let out a smirk. He knew who arrived. "I asked for thirty freaking minutes, Tessa."
"Dean, you can't stay here. You don't belong to this world, not anymore," the woman in the leather jacket crossed her arms, "your brother will have to deal with it. Come with me, please." She sighed. And Dean heard it.
The reaper was here.
"Maybe you can give him a hug. It'll comfort him, you know? Then we can go."
Comfort?
Dean looked at his brother. Mom died, Dad left. Dean raised Sam all on his own. It'd been hard, but at least he and Sam had each other after all these years. Sam always said "You might be a bad guy, but to me, you are the greatest man in the world."
How was Sam going to be without him?
Dean closed his eyes, images from those very last seconds of his life rushed through his mind. The moment he fell out of the motorcycle, he knew he would die, certainly.
Dean joined the race to pull off some money to pay for Sam's tuition, but that was not how it ended, not in the way he had planned.
Dean saw them bring him to the hospital, everything was covered in blood, and when Sam rushed in, little 14 year old boy fell on his knee, staring at Dean's lifeless body.
The kid couldn't cry.

Sam sat next to the coffin for hours, tears started to fall.
Tomorrow, they were going to bury Dean.
"You sure you don't wanna give him a hug?" asked Tessa.
Dean smiled, bitterly. If it helped, if it healed all those wounds in Sam's heart, if it recovered everything, Dean would hug Sam until he could no longer feel his arms. But now, his hug would only bring Sam the cold and the emptiness, and Dean wouldn't do that.
Because Dean was just a ghost.
Sam shook a little, his body all curled up to avoid the coldness. His lips slightly moved, whispered unconsciously, "Dean..."
"Isn't that if I touch him, I'm just gonna go right through his face?" Dean held his tears back, his eyes turned red, his voice was shaking.
"Well...I can help you. But then, you'll have to go with me."
He looked up at Tessa. She had that very gentle smile on her face.
"Please..." Dean whispered
Tessa nodded, as she touched Dean's forehead. It felt like electricity running through his veins, warming all over his hollow body.
He hurried up to Sam, his little brother, slowly placed his hand on Sam's cheek. No piercing through, no nothing.
The happiness filled in his mind, Dean wrapped his arms around his brother and held him tight, even though Sam was asleep and a little bit uncomfort was showing on his face. Dean placed a gentle kiss on Sam's messy hair, still soft and smelling like old cheap shampoo they had always used.
"Sammy, I'm sorry... I'm so sorry.", he stopped for a very short moment, holding back the tears, "Take care of yourself, baby brother. I love you, I always will... but I gotta leave now. Kid... I'm sorry." As the last words came out, Dean leaned over and kissed Sam on the top of his head, for the last time.
"Come on, it's time, Dean."
Tessa took his hand, and they vanished into the cold thin air.