Chapter 10

"I don't know where she is!" "Well did you call her house?" "Yeah they said they thought she was over here." "She shouldn't have gone out in the rain." "I know, and I shouldn't have let her." "We should go look for her." "Let's go."
__________________________
I slid my arm up, attempting to pull myself to my feet. Something was wrong, my mind telling me to move but my body not responding. "H-" I coughed, my throat burning. I felt tears roll down my face, even that hurt. "Oh my god-" Cam, that was his voice. "E-Emma?" That was Matt. My eyes squeezed shut, I couldn't handle this pain for much longer. I felt someone grab my hand, "It's okay Em, I'm here." Matt kept hold of my hand and put his other hand on my forehead, "I'm so sorry." I could hear him beginning to cry, "I'm so sorry-"
_______________________________
I opened my eyes to reveal my surroundings, a hospital. I took a deep breath, my chest beginning to burn. That's when I saw him, Matthew. He was leaning against the wall, his head in his arm, "Matt?" He looked over quickly, "Your awake." I moved upward a bit, "How long have I been asleep?" He came over beside the hospital bed and sighed, "Two days." I smiled, "I must look aweful-" He shook his head, "Beautiful, actually." I laughed weakly. He ran his fingers through his hair, "Emma, I shouldn't have let you leave I-" I shook my head, "Stop! It was my fault." He half smiled, his eyes red. I lightly touched the side of his face, "Have you been crying?" He looked away, "Yeah." I sighed, "Emma, are you still mad at me? Because, I just-I can't. I mean, seeing you like this and-" I pulled his head to mine and kissed him. He kept his eyes closed as he pulled away, then he bit his lip. "God I really love you." I smiled, "So I'm not a mistake?" He shook his head, "Emma. You are the furthest thing from a mistake, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me." I blushed, "Really Matt?" He let a tear fall from his eye, "Yeah." I slipped my hand back around his neck, a sharp pain running up my leg, "Ah-" Matthew looked the other way, "What's wrong?" I put my head back, "Pain just like shot up my leg." Matt sighed, "Well you did do some major damage to your ankle." I pursed my lips, "Great." Matthew half smiled, "Listen Em, uh. Tonight I'm going to the Kids Choice Awards, you know that Nickelodeon award show?" I nodded, "I was going to ask you to go with me, but if your too tired or anything I get it okay?" I sighed, "No. No, I'll go." He met my gaze, "Em, trust me you can decide when your at home okay?" I nodded, "There's only one problem-" he raised his eyebrows, "Walking the carpet with a cast on my foot." He laughed, "You're about to get released from the hospital, and your only worried about how your gonna look in a cast?" I blushed, "I guess when your going with your famous boyfriend it kinda matters what you look like." He smiled, "I'm not famous, but I do like hearing you say boyfriend." I rolled my eyes. I heard a knock on the door, the nurse. Matthew kissed me on the forehead, "See you in 10." "Bye"
_______________________________
"Aw Em, do you wanna go?" Jackie twirled the ends of her black locks of hair. I shrugged, "Of course I wanna go but I feel like I'm just gonna be bothering him all night. Like he'll be babysitting me or something." She nodded, "I totally get it, but-" She slyly smiled and reached into my closet, "You have to go cause-" She pulled out a black dress that I had never seen before. It was shorter going a bit below my knees, and it had a bow on the back surrounded by little gems. Overall it was gorgeous! "Omg Jackie! Did you?" She nodded, "I might've snuck In here yesterday..." I embraced her in a long hug, "It's beautiful." She laughed "I know, I know! And I brought matching jewelry. Cause you know, I'm a fashion expert!" I opened my mouth, "Wait a second, did you make this?" She shrugged, "I thought my first fashion design should be for my best friend." I clapped my hands excitedly, "Yay!" She smiled, "Now, you have an hour to get ready, Cam will be by to pick you up." I raised my eyebrows, "But it doesn't stay till-" She moved her fingers to her lips, "Shhh, get ready." She walked out the door, and I was left with the dress. The beautiful, amazing dress!
______________________________
I pranced out to the black car in our driveway, Matthew stepped out of the passenger side, looking very handsome in his tux. His mouth widened when he saw me, "What? Is my hair messed up?" I lifted my hand to my head, feeling my side bun and curls. Matt smiled, "No, you just, you look amazing." I blushed, "Even though I had to wear black sneakers?" I glanced down, my black sneakers looking designer because of the gems and chains Jackie had added to them. Matthew sighed, "Even with the cast." He grabbed my hand and led me into the car. I leaned back against the seat, "This is gonna be a nice night isn't it?" He smiled, "You don't even know." I laid my head on his shoulder, "Oh Matt."
______________________________
I stepped out of the car, Matt helping me out. We walked down the Orange carpet, but there was no one there, "Um, where is everyone?" He didn't answer, "Trust me." He slipped a blindfold over my eyes, holding my waist as I walked forward. We walked really far, it began to get louder as we walked further. Matthew led me up some stairs, "Matt?" No answer. Then I heard him, his voice was projected very loudly, "I told my beautiful girlfriend over here she was asleep for two days after breaking her ankle, but honestly she was asleep for 4 days. I changed the date on her phone so she wouldn't notice something very important, it's her 18th birthday! So my dear, if you would please take off your blindfold. I slipped of the cloth from my eyes and gasped, we were at the awards and the crowd was holding up signs. It spelled out Happy Birthday. I turned to Matt, "Matt, oh-" he laughed, "And that's not even the best part!" He put his arm around my shoulder and turned me around, I saw his friend Shawn Mendes right behind us. Shawn smiled and began to strum his guitar. A girl behind him began to sing, her long blonde hair pulled back into a braid, and her red dress perfectly matching the rose beside her ear. Shawn joined in, and soon the whole crowd was singing happy birthday to me. Matt put his mouth to my ear, "Thats his girlfriend Shannon." I smiled, and turned around. "Well i think the only thing that matters here is that I have you as a boyfriend." I hugged Matthew, my arms wrapped around his neck, "Matt, I can't tell you how much this means to me. I mean, for a few hours I didn't know it was my birthday! I thought it was In two days." He laughed, "I love you Emma." I smiled, "I love you too Matt."