Love Letter

May sat on the shore of the beach, wondering where Drew might have gone to. "I hope he's alright..." She said to herself, when suddenly there he was right next to her.

"Worrying about me?" He smirked.

"Oh shut up..!" She looked at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just still a little embarrassed..." He blushed.

"Why? About what?" She asked, making him look at her.

"May, I made you act like you were my girlfriend..." He looked shocked as to why she didn't know.

"Drew," she laughed. "That's ok. You were trying to get Harley to lay off, I know that."

"You're not mad? Even that I put my arm around you?" He asked her, smirking a bit.

"Of course not, you were just trying to help." She smiled. "I didn't really mind it anyway..." She blushed.

"Y-you didn't? But I'm your rival." He questioned, noticing his  face was getting red.

"Hey, I at least felt safe from Harley..." May said and they both laughed.

"Does that mean she feels safe with me..?" Drew thought.

"So, why are you out here all alone?" Drew asked her.

"Just trying to get over what happened earlier. It was kind of funny, really." She laughed. "The way they were all so shocked.

"Yeah, I guess. But it wasn't so funny when your dad got all up in my face!" They both laughed. "Look, May..." He started blushing dark and stared out at the ocean.

"Yes?" She noticed his blush.

"I... I think I-"

"Drew! May! Did you enjoy my little surprise?!" Asked Harley, running up to them in his ridiculous high-pitched voice.

"No! Everybody thinks we're a thing now, why of all things, did you have to use Drew?!" May yelled.

"Well forget that thought.." Drew sighed.

"Oh you're not? Silly me, but that's what I was told!" Harley said.

"Are you ever just going to leave us alone?" Drew stood up in front of Harley.

"No. It's too fun to mess with you two!" Harley squealed in Drew's face. "And you said us..."

"Well maybe you should stop messing with May before you have to deal with me!" Drew growled.

"Why don't you make me, shorty?" Harley teased Drew.

"My size, has nothing to do with this! Just leave her alone and get on with your life!" Drew yelled.

"You sure he's not your boyfriend?" Harley asked May, smirking.

"That's it! Flygon, Sandstorm!" Drew threw his Pokeball out.

"Drew, what're you-"

"EEEEK!" Harley squealed and ran away.

"Well that got rid of him." May laughed.

"Sure did..." Drew sat back down.

"Oh. Drew were you saying something?" May sat next to him.

"Oh uh..." He blushed. "Nah, I think I'm just gonna head out." He said.

"Head out?" May questioned.

"Yeah, I'm thinkin' about going home" Drew said.

"Home? LaRousee City?" May asked him.

"Yeah." He sighed.

"How long will you be there?" She seemed a bit concerned.

"I don't know. I just need a small break." Drew said.

"A break? What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's nothin-"

"Don't say that to me ever again, Andrew, I won't believe it anymore, tell me what's wrong! You've been denying to tell me something for a long time now and I want to know what it is!" She demanded.

Drew blushed very dark. "Well... M-May..." He grabbed her hands. "I-I think I like you... A lot." He finally admitted. It felt good to finally get it off his chest.

"D-Drew... I-" May was interrupted when Drew quickly kissed her. It was rushed but felt slow. It was like the world around them stopped for a moment.

Her eyes widened for a moment, then closed. Both blushing brighter than they ever had before.

"Hey May!" Ash and Max called, causing both May and Drew to flinch and Drew pulled away, quickly.

"Uh c-coming!" May yelled, turning around. To her surprise, Drew was gone, leaving nothing but a rose with a note left beside it.

"Drew..?" She mumbled as she picked up the note, it read; "Dear May, I have to leave. I'm sorry it has to be like this but I just can't say goodbye to you, I love you too much... I know someday you'll be a great coordinator, with lots of cool Pokemon. I guess this is goodbye for now. Until next time, May.
-Drew."

"What..? He jus-"

"Maaaayy!" Ash called. This time May returned, looking sad. She was crushed. The last thing she expected was for Drew to leave.