BFF?

After school I walked back to the tourney field where Ben is gonna help Carlos prepare for the game tomorrow. To be honest, I think Ben is wasting his time. Carlos has never been the athletic type and never will be. He likes school work better than anything. Back on the island he would always get straight A's for the most evil things. The schools there mostly taught you how to succeed once we all got off the island. To succeed in what they never got a chance to do, what they failed at doing. They taught us what their mistakes were and everything else. For example, the Evil Stepmother was our teacher for tricks and sabotage I think. I haven't been there in a while so I might be wrong. My point is that Carlos will probably never like sports. But I guess a little practice won't hurt. Right?

I saw Ben and Carlos standing in the field and I started jogging over to them.

"Hello boys."

They both turned to me and Ben smiled.

"Are you stalking me?", he asked.

"I don't think so, but welcome to the world of Auradon Prep where every girl wants to stalk the charming Prince Ben.", I said, bowing down.

He laughed. "Nice sarcasm."

"Thanks, I try." I turned around and saw Carlos bent down ready to run. "Hey, Speed Demon."

He waved at me and stretched his legs.

Ben wrote something on his clipboard before starting practice.

"Okay, Carlos. We're gonna do some sprints. You ready?" Ben got his timer out, but before he could press start Carlos was running across the field in the blink of an eye.

"Wow. I guess I underesti-" I was interrupted by barking.

"AH! OH NO! WAIT! PLEASE NO! NO! NO! NO!", I heard going all the way into the trees.

"Carlos!" Me and Ben started chasing after him in the middle of the trees. We found him hugging a tree and staring at the dog in fear. I guess his fear of dogs got worse over the years.

"BEN! ELLIE! Help me! This thing is a killer." Carlos pointed to the small tan dog. "He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. This is a vicious rabid pack animal."

Ben picked Dude up so he wouldn't get away. I laughed at Carlos. I know he couldn't help himself from being scared, but come on. It's a 10 pound puppy!

"Whoa, Carlos who told you that?", Ben asked.

"My mother.", he said, not letting go of the tree.

"Cruella?"

"She's a dog expert. A dog yellerer."

I don't even think that last one was a real thing.

"After all these years you're still afraid of cute little dogs?", I asked with my hands on my hips.

"How can you look at that thing and see it's not evil?!", Carlos exclaimed.

Ben laughed.

"Ben, why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!" Carlos hugged the tree even tighter.

"Carlos, you've never actually met a dog have you?"

Carlos was a little shaky and looked very terrified. "Of course not."

I started petting Dude's little head. "Dude, meet Carlos.", I said.

"Carlos, meet Dude. He's the campus mutt.", Ben introduced.

Carlos looked a little more calm than a couple seconds ago and breathed at a normal pace again. "He doesn't look like a vicious rabid pack animal." He got done hugging the tree and walked down. "Geez," He looked at Dude very carefully. "you're a good dog aren't you?"