Never in her life had Mia thought she'd ever describe a male as beautiful. But there he was in all his glory, absolutely beautiful with curly hair glistening like pure gold in the sunlight.

His square face was complimented by a strong jaw and cheekbones that touched the heavens. With big, light grey eyes, he reminded her of a wild wolf that could never be tamed. The mysterious boy wore an outfit of dark green and black that was covered with dirt and torn at the knees. He couldn't have been older than eighteen but his cold, stern expression made him appear much older.

Mia knew he was one not to be messed with at the sudden change of attitude in Jake. By the expression in the beautiful stranger's eyes and the pure dominance radiating off of him, she could tell that it would be easy for him to make anyone grovel at his feet begging for mercy.

"Open the cage," the boy ordered Jake, not taking his eyes off her which had her audibly gulping in fear. She could've sworn his lips quirked.

Without hesitation Jake quickly ran over and started to tend to the lock to her cage with a large key. The door opened wide, making more sunlight come in and make black spots appear in Mia's vision from its brightness. It took her by surprise.

Stiff with fear and feeling like a cornered animal, she decided to stay in the way back of the cage in the shadows of the tree, where they couldn't reach her. Besides, her body wouldn't move even if she tried.

"Come on out, Darling," the boy in green said with softness, much different from his composure before. "We won't hurt you."

Mia knew she looked stupid shaking in fear, hiding in the way back like a frightened animal would. But she could care less. This boy—both of them—frightened her and all she wanted to do was be back in Anna's room with Peter Pan playing on the TV. I wish Anna was here, Mia told to herself. She'd know what to do. Mia didn't even want to imagine the raging panic her best friend must've felt waking up and seeing her missing.

"I'm sorry you were put in a cage. This is punishment for not staying awake like my note told you." The boy in green's voice brought her out of her thoughts and she looked at him weirdly.

He's crazy, she thought, as the note she had found underneath the pillow in Anna's room appeared in her memory. There was no way he could've known about that note unless he was being truthful about being the one who wrote it. But if he wrote it then that meant... No.

"We don't have all the time in the twelve realms," the boy said now sounded annoyed. Mia knew his kind act was wearing off. "Now come out so that we can see that pretty face of yours." Now he just sounded mocking.

Mia slowly crawled out with her head hung low and her hair covering her face the entire time. The boy roughly grabbed her bicep and pulled her the rest of the way out, making her yelp out in surprise and land her feet awkwardly on the uneven ground. His grey eyes met her blue ones and he smirked when he saw her obvious fear of him.

"You really are a beauty," he remarked, caressing her right cheek.

Mia felt herself blush, taken by surprise since she'd never been complimented by a guy before, and looked away from his piercing eyes that seemed to dig into her soul. She mentally scolded herself for reacting in such a way towards a guy like him, no matter how wrongly attractive he was. Gulping, she looked anywhere but his eyes.