“Thank you, Wool. Please see to that he and the other party will be present during the briefing, we will be out shortly.”

“Yes, Luna.” and with that she heard the slam from the front door being closed.

“Who is that bony…boy?” the last word her father pronounced as if it was of a cat with scabs. “Really, Domina, could you not receive an actual warrior for a guard instead of a teenaged kid with pimples?“ I merely sighed at his tone of remark and leaned my head against my hand while gently massaging my temple.

“Why are all the men in my life acting like children…”

“I am not!” my father protested. “I am concerned that that boy is the one watching your back in these dangerous times, and in you precious condition! You should be guarded and seen to! I did not let Donovan have my oldest daughter only for her to be treated like a simple pack member!”

Now I stiffened and sat up straight while eying him with some tension.

“I won’t have you speaking of me like a damn golden mare you just sold. Father, I love you but never undermine me or my mate like that. It was my decision and believe it or not; Wool has been loyal and truthful to me since day one. I don’t need muscle, I need eyes and ears and someone who I can trust always tells me the truth, and so he has. Whoever is the traitor amongst us, he or she will not be brought forward by any less than pure cunning. And these traits are female traits, wouldn’t you say?” I asked with a teasing smile. He took a second to digest, then laughed warmly and took my hand and kissed it.

“You ARE my daughter, goodness you’re smart! Oh how I’ve missed this…”

“Me too, father…me too.”

A few minutes later we were standing on the front porch, eying the large mass of werewolves with both astonishment as well as pride. I had never seen so many weres in one place at once, it was mighty. The sound of hundreds of voices conversing and some laughing filled the air, and made it hard to hear anything else. My father had his hand resting gently on my back, as in reminding me that he was there. My stomach growled but I ignored it, just watched in continuous admiration. Some I could recognize even from my elevated spot on the wooden porch, but most faces I could see I had never encountered before.

Since I didn’t know how Donovan had planned this first briefing I closed my eyes and reached out to him with my mind. I sensed him close, he was aware of me and I could feel his longing, as well as mine.

“He’s coming.” I told my father. He merely nodded and petted my back. “You should go down to our…your pack” it was strangely hard to say. “And see to that Brett is present.”

“And so I shall.” He said and with a kiss on my cheek he left me to disappear into the masses. But before I could feel alone up where I stood that magnificent musky scent filled my nose, making my heart jolt. Warm, strong hands gently gripped my waist before one leaving it for my swollen belly. And as I felt his lips against my ear, all the sounds of the crowds disappeared. Amazing what this man could accomplish by a single touch I thought, as I almost moaned feeling the growing response to him in my body. I could hear his low chuckle and with a raspy, incredible voice he whispered into my ear; “Not yet, darling, but soon, I promise…” And to even my own surprise a sudden growl escaped my throat. This made him chuckle again and then kissed me. I broke the kiss abruptly as I heard the deafening sound of…cheering! I opened my eyes and saw all eyes on me, literally! If I had had less control over myself I would have been flushed and wanting to sink down through the floor. But, being me, I smiled teasingly and held up a hand to silence them.

“Thank you for that warm greeting. I am truly grateful for all of you being here, since there are serious matters at hand that could, if not dealt with, affect not just one or a few; but all of us.” Now I had their attention. “I trust you have been told about our findings and discoveries recently, and I also trust that you see the level of threat in these findings. Just a short time ago me and my team of foremen came across some strange tracks and scents up north. We knew we were dealing with a Damned One, but what we discovered was a small pack of them.”