5 - The Unexpected

Start from the beginning

Now it was his turn to furrow his eyebrows. “Yes?”

“Sophie might have mentioned you,” I recalled her little threat.

Logan looked up and noticed where I had exited from. “Oh, are you an actress?”

I immediately shook my head. “No, no.”

“Oh come on now, I’m sure you’re very good,” he said with a small knowing smile. I began to try to tell him that I wasn’t even in the class but he didn’t let me speak. “Is there any way, I could ask you for a favor? Feel free to say no since saying that kind of makes me come off as a creepy person. But well, consider it payment from all the pain you caused me.”

I fixed the strap on my shoulder again and shifted my weight suddenly uncomfortable. I laughed uneasily at his attempt at a joke. I was ready to say no since he was right and I had only just met him but a thought suddenly penetrated through my mental block.

'Please, please, please say yes!'

I don’t know what it was about it. It might have been the desperate tone or the fact that his thoughts traveled to my mind without me having to search for them but I found myself saying, “I guess I can spare a few minutes.”

“Really?” Logan asked looking at me as if I had suddenly sprouted another arm. “I promise it will only take a few minutes. I just need you to improv.”

“Improv?” I asked stupidly.

“You know,” he said bumping me lightly with his hand. “Improvisation. You do that with acting right?”

I gave him one nod unsure of how to respond to that.

“Okay. One thing you need to know: don’t look shocked whenever I announce something. Just go with it.”

Logan came over to the side that my backpack was not on and draped his arms over my shoulders. I didn’t even have time to feel the heat rise to my cheeks before he began steering me in a certain direction. I really began to get afraid of what he wanted from me.

I let down my protective wall and tried to listen to his thoughts but he was a bit scatter-brained.  I caught fragments of thoughts such as:

‘…hope this goes well…she’ll freak out…hate me forever…ruined this chance…’

I put up the wall again knowing it was useless to get any information from him. He led me over to a table where two guys and two girls sat chatting lightly. Logan didn’t give me any warning before he walked over and greeted the group.

“Hey guys,” he shouted when we were only ten feet away. “Here she is! I told you I would find her.”

I gave them all a smile keeping in mind to play along with whatever he was going to say. My mind began to panic at all the horrible situations that could come about. I waved which was slightly difficult since Logan hadn’t removed his arm from my shoulders.

“That is her?” One of the guys obviously didn’t believe him. He had black shaggy hair that fell into his eyes. “No way, she’s smokin’.”

A smile spread over my lips before I could stop it. “Thanks.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Logan asked finally removing his arm from my shoulders. “I get good looking girls all the time.”

“In bed,” the other guy with short dark brown hair and brown eyes finished for him. The other guy gave him a high-five for his comment.

“You think that I would get a not-so-good looking girl for a relationship?” Logan asked surprised. Suddenly I understood that I was the girl in that relationship he was talking about.