"I'm Eli Brookes," Elliot introduced, using his nickname, which actually made me blush.  Was I the only one who knew his full name then?  "I also happen to be-"

"The Prefect," I cut in, knowing he was about to tell Ari that he was my Buddy.  I'm sure Ari knew about the Buddy system or whatever, but I wasn't quite ready for him to know about Elliot yet.  "He's Brickstone's Prefect."

"Ah," Ari nodded and grinned over at Elliot while releasing my hand, only to wrap his arm around my shoulders.  "Well, I hope you've been taking good care of my little Gwendyl for me while she's been here."

Elliot coughed roughly and looked down at me.  "'Gwendyl'?"

I blushed.  "It's the nickname he made up for me since my name was so long when we were kids."

"But how?  Your name is only four letters," Rian voiced with a frown, his brown and gray eyes staring down at me expectantly.

I smiled up at Rian.  "My full name is actually Gwendolyn.  I just shortened it to Gwen, is all.  But it seems Ari hasn't forgotten the nickname he gave me, right?" I smirked up at Ari then, gently jabbing my elbow into his ribs.

"Of course, you obviously didn't forget about my nickname, either, Gwendyl," Ari chuckled and pinched my cheek.

"Shtop dat, Awi," I tried saying while he held one side of my cheek, and he laughed.

"Still as cute as ever, Gwendyl."

I laughed, and poked his side.  "Still as mischievous as ever, Ari."

"Only now and then," he shrugged before dragging me off to my seat next to Rian, completely leaving Elliot to stand all by himself as he stared after us.  I didn't look back at him.

"Right."  Elliot clapped his hands then, catching the attention of all our classmates, who had been watching the exchange between me and Ari up until now.  "Professor Ivangard has arranged a Quiz for you all to take."  There were several groans as Elliot narrowed his eyes at everyone.  "Stop your complaining and begin."  Elliot pulled out his golden wand then.  "Aparo!"  Several sheets of paper appeared on everyone's desk, including Ari's, who now sat in front of me while I sat beside Rian as usual.

We worked on our tests for the next hour of class.  I just managed to finish as soon as the bell rang, signaling the end of class, and handed in my Quiz to Elliot at the front of the room rather nervously.  He took it without a word to me.  I should've expected this kind of reaction.  I cleared my throat and walked to the back where Ari and Rian waited for me.  I grinned over at my two friends.

"How do you think you did?" Ari asked while draping an arm around my shoulders.

I shrugged.  "I think I got a good enough grade to pass, at least.  You?"

Ari chuckled.  "I already studied this at Rich Dragon, so I aced it with no problem."

Rian laughed.  "Same here, except I actually hit the books."

I sighed.  "You guys are making me feel so incompetent."

Ari laughed and pulled me closer to his side.  "You know I love ya', Gwendyl."

I chuckled and wrapped an arm around his waist, pinching his side as he yelped in surprise.  "Me too, Ari."

"Good to know."  I snapped my head up at Elliot's voice from behind us, and just saw his fierce blue glare on me before he hastily walked out of the classroom.  I bit my lip.  Now what did I do?

~+~

I knocked rapidly on the door, Ace perched on my shoulder as a reassurance.  "Come in," I heard after a long while, and slid the door back before stepping inside and sliding it shut behind me.

"What the hell is your problem?" I hissed at him, and he snapped his head up at me in surprise, his blue eyes widening in shock, before they became dark and devoid of any other emotion but pure rage.

"I don't see how that's any of your business, Gardens."  He slowly stood from his desk and proceeded to re-shelve his bookcase with the Spell books he had taken down from it.

I ground my teeth together in frustration and curled my hands into tight fists.  Ace hastily flew off my shoulder and curled up in one of the armchairs, quietly watching my anger splay out at my Buddy.  "So we're back to the formalities, is that it?"

"It seems so," he replied with his back to me, still shelving books.  I felt my cheeks begin to burn in anger.  I then grabbed a book from his desk and tossed it at his head, to which he swiftly spun around from the impact, his icy blue eyes cold and pinned on me.

"You're such an asshole!" I bellowed, the cloak of my uniform getting tangled with my legs, so I hastily pulled it off and threw it on the armchair that Ace wasn't occupying.  "One minute you're leading me on, and the next I'm forgotten?  How in the hell are you the Prefect!?  You don't deserve any respect because you obviously don't know when a girl is hurt by what you say and do!"  I don't know why, but I started crying.  Did I really want to believe his words from Saturday that much?  "I-I hate you," I mumbled, and wiped at my tears as my vision blurred.  I reached for my cloak then and headed for the door, knowing Ace was already going to follow me, when a hand gripped my wrist and pushed me up against the wall, my cloak falling from my hands as I stared up at Elliot in shock.  I shut my eyes then and struggled to pull out of his strong grip.  "Let me go!  I have nothing more to say to you!" I cried, and felt my body start to go slack, his arm wrapping around my waist while his other held the back of my neck, and pulled me forward.

I managed to let out a small gasp before his lips met mine.  I stiffened, my eyes blinking open rapidly.  Elliot was staring back at me, his lips still moving gently against mine.  I slowly felt my eyes flutter close, his lips warm and soft against mine.  Why was I enjoying this?  Was I supposed to?  Was I not?  I curled my hand into a fist and swiftly clocked him in the jaw, knocking him away from me.  I was breathing heavily from that kiss, and raised a hand to touch my lips.  They felt a little swollen and were extremely warm.  My face burned.  "Why?"

He blinked, seeming surprised at my question.  "'Why'?" he repeated.

I glared at him with bright gray eyes.  "Yes, why.  Why did you kiss me?"

"I-," he broke off, and swallowed.  "Because I wanted to."

"That's it?  Because you wanted to?" I fumed.  "You had no right to steal my first kiss from me!" I bellowed, and his cheeks turned pink.  I grabbed my cloak from the ground and slid the Office door open, rushing out of there as fast as I could, Ace clinging to my shoulder as I ran.

I didn't look back.  And he didn't chase after me once again.  I could only cry from the disappointment.

*~*

A/N: Tee-hee ;P

Plz VOTE, COMMENT, and/or FAN/SHARE!!! THNX FOR READING EVERYONE!!! ^.^