Chapter Six: Separated

Quickly debating on whether or not to leave Natsu behind, the group of strangely uniformed men decided to take the Salamander as well. Insisting that taking him would leave no huge trace that they were even there. And so, said men hauled the two of them back to their predetermined area of rest and recuperation, buried deep within the forest.

In their rush back to the temporary base, it didn't take them long to arrive. Approaching the camp, the men that had successfully captured the two mages were greeted by a man of the same uniform, but with a blue bandana around his neck rather than a green one. He pointed them in the direction of a mud cell, sealed by a flawed enchantment in the very back of the campsite. A prison designed personally for them.

From there, they had spells cast on them. Blue chains appeared and disappeared around their necks, indicating the success of the spell. Feeling complete with their capture, the men left the enchanted cave to leave them till morning.

* * *

The rest of the team had taken care of the small amount of men that stayed behind to distract them. Now scavenging the wood, looking for their lost friends, but taking caution as well. Who knows the type of dangers that scowled among the forest. But to no avail, they noted no other sign of Natsu and the masked boy with no name - guilt settled in her heart as her hope for finding them diminished.

"I can't believe we let them slip away like that. How could we be so distracted?" Lucy asked herself, teary eyed. Happy let out a wale, his nose snotty and his face wet from crying so hard as he clung to Lucy. Lucy scooped him up in her embrace and turned on her heels, deciding, not to go home, but to simply change direction in the way they would search. Her heart determined to find her friend and the enemies that captured them. Especially as Happy cried out his apologies to Natsu for not being able to save them. As they carried on through the dark of the night. As she felt her heart break within her ribcage.

Even so, something in the back of her mind told her Natsu would be just fine. She knew the dragon slayer could handle his own even when all the odds were against him. He always found some way to prevail. She took Happy in the cleavage of her chest, as he was lulled to sleep by the owls that hoo'ed and the crickets that mused in the still of the night.

"We'll find you," Lucy whispered, her words turning to warm clouds of breath in the night air.

* * *

A/N

it's a shorter chapter, i know. but how are you liking it so far? tell me in the comments, i would love to know how you think so far. i hope its not too bad for my first attempt at a Fairy Tail fan fiction. i just wanna thank you again for reading & i hope you continue to read (& enjoy)