Chapter 1

"Venir sur ma chérie , nous allons être en retard!" Jay called from the bottom of the steps, struggling with bags in her hands. "Ok Maman je suis venue!" Louis called back, throwing the last of his belongings into his assorted bags. Louis looked down at his suitcase and sighed defeatedly. Today was really it. His clothes were thrown sloppily into the bag and he knew that that was only one of the reasons why the bag wouldn't close. He bent down and tried his best to shove everything down with all his might, acting as if the suitcase would become larger at his will and expand. 

But of course he had no luck with that. He groaned and this time he tried slamming the top shut and standing on it. It somewhat worked. He bent forward and found the zipper, pulling it around the rest of the suitcase. Finally it was closed. Louis stood back up, picked up his things and headed out his bedroom door. He turned around, taking one last final look at his soon to be old bedroom. He looked out the window and noticed the slight drizzle. He sighed contently, feeling that this was the right choice and it was okay to move on.  

"Phoebe , Daisy , Félicité , Charlotte sont vous les gars prêt?" Louis called down the hallway.

 "venant Louis!" Félicité yelled back. Soon enough, two little girls came running down the hallway, bags dragging along behind them. Louis smiled fondly at them and sighed. They were growing up so fast. Too fast. Shortly after, Lottie and Félicité were walking down the hallway with their suitcases rolling along. They all made their way down the stairs and waited for Jay.

"Ok bon vous êtes prêt." Jay sighed, seeing her son and four daughters standing in front of her with their luggage. She grabbed the last of their things and they headed out the door of their now old home. They headed over to the cab to put their luggage in and closed the trunk. Jay ushered Louis and the girls into the car, shaky hands reaching in her pocket to grab a tissue. Once the 5 were in the cab, she turned around to get a last glance at their small home. 

Louis was staring out the window of the cab when he felt a light tug on his shirt which was followed by a small voice, "Louis , est maman d'accord?" Phoebe asked with big eyes. Louis sighed once again. He knew his mother was probably getting emotional. 

"Je vais vérifier , ouais?" Louis spoke softly, tan fingers carding through his little sister's silky smooth hair. Phoebe nodded and Louis got out of the car. His mother's eyes were rimmed red and she looked heart broken. Not to mention her hair was getting wetter each minute they stood out in the rain. 

"Maman, êtes-vous d'accord?" He placed a hand on her shoulder and she turned to face him with a sympathetic smile. She opened her arms and brought her son in for a hug. She really did love him. Louis clearly knew why she was crying. There were so many great memories of them growing up here. Louis playing out in the yard, his very first words, the welcoming of his four younger sisters, the first day of school, and many more to be counted. But there were also very bad ones. Like when his mother and father would fight and his father would break things. Jay would be crying, telling her confused son to go upstairs and stay in his room or read a book. He would always hear yelling and things crashing, but he was too young to understand as his mother would say. They eventually got a divorce and although things were a little rougher on Jay, she had a big heart and was very strong. 

Now he was turning 18 this year and they were moving to Manchester. He took a deep breath and looked at his mom once again before suggesting to head back to the car. They both walked back to the cab and climbed in, Jay sitting in the front. It was a tight squeeze in the back, considering it was 5 of them, but they managed. 

Louis pulled his phone out of his pocket and plugged in his earphones, he needed an escape. He turned his head to look out the window, resting it on his right hand, and watched the rain fall from the smokey gray clouds above. He sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. As the car pulled away, an all too quiet goodbye left his lips as he watched his now old home fade into nothingness. 

"C'est ce que c'est" he thought.

--  

okay so that was chapter one. Sorry it's kind of sucky. I hope you like it. I think I'm going to stick with this story. I like it! Stay strong, i love you! (: xx