。•。

It was a dark, gloomy day.
The wind was cold and humid, giving me goosebumps as it caressed my slightly pale skin.
The sky was no better, it looked like it was mourning, heavy, grey and sad. School just ended a few minutes ago. Not wanting to go home just yet, I took my time in placing the things into my bag and went to the library to return, and borrow a book. After a few moments of contemplation, I finally decided to borrow this book entitled Twilight
Placing the item into my bag, it was still 5:17 pm.

We moved into a new house recently because it was closer to my school and my parent's workplace, but I couldn't help but hear strange noises above my room at night. The house was built during the late 1800 explaining why the house had a distinct Victorian-feel.
I can't help but pretend there were ghosts in the attic. I've always been reading too much horror stories, even if I am afraid of them.
Since I haven't seen any blood stained cryptic messages anywhere I'm guessing it's not trying to frighten me or whatever.

Then I decided, I would go ghost-hunting.

The thought made me feel giddy, adrenaline rushing into my veins. It was Friday anyway, all I have to do is do my homework, read some more and wait until everybody was asleep.
Simple.
So I trudged toward the busy streets towards a little quiet cafe to get some coffee that would keep me up and running.
After waiting in line, ordering, and paying, I went home, and hurried to my room, passing the door which led to the upstairs attic, goosebumps on my arm forming again and I walked a little faster, feeling someone watching me now.

Placing the coffee on the bedside table, I started to undress, I could feel eyes burning into various parts of my body, goosebumps still there, I closed my eyes and rubbed my neck, where the sensation was most strong, and sat on the bed resuming to reading the book.

Sometime while reading chapter 13, Mom called me for dinner, so I left the book open with a bookmark, sipped the remains of my coffee and went down.

I had to prevent myself from moving to much while eating dinner, they all took notice that I was more giddy than usual, but they decided to brush it off.

Fortunately, there were no further suspicions as each one of us went off to our separate ways and into our own rooms. I decided to do my homework, waiting for the time to pass. After that, I changed the batteries of my flashlight, in case the lights won't work while going over necessary details in my head, like how I needed to be gentle and not be demanding like the idiots in Grave Encounters or else I'd be dead the next day, and by 12:11, I could already hear faint movements in the attic. I wanted to wait until 1am but I was sure everyone was out cold. So I opened my door, thankfully a window was across from it, illuminating the hallway, and it was a full moon too.
I don't know whether that's a bad thing or a good thing. Let's just hope I'm alive by sunrise.

Here I go

I moved to grab the handle of the door, but paused as the door already stood slightly ajar. Pushing the door wider I turned on the switch to a tiny white light, seeing that it's still working I took hold of the old wooden railing to my left and slowly ascended.

"Hel- Hello?..." I asked my throat dry and my voice cracking,

Nothing

"Erm...Hi?"

Still nothing

"Oi, this was a stupid idea" i muttered under my breath and started to turn toward the door

"Aw, don't go just yet" a voice rang, making me freeze, not too loud, just merely above a whisper.

"Is..anybody he-here??" I gulped.