☥Chapter Fourteen☥

Start from the beginning

"You needa stop actin' like a damn child" He demanded, walking out the moving doors

Hours went by, and I getting irritated immediately- wanting to get up and go see what was going on for my damn self. And that's what I did, I left. I explored hallways, looking for Taj with everyone behind me. 

"Jahmiah, stop" Mom pulled me by my arm "You need to start being patient, they'll come to us-"

"I'm tired of bein' fuckin' patient. This shit is annoyin' the hell outta me" I snapped at her

I instantly regretted it when she slapped my face- a throbbing burn spreading throughout my cheek. 

"Watch your fuckin' tone, I'm tired of you talkin' to me like I'm one of your damn friends" She sneered "Come back to the lobby and sit your ass down and wait" 

I sat the chair I was in 10 minutes ago, holding the side the of my face as I slightly pouted. 

~○~ 

"Family of Nyzra Peters?" 

We all stood in front of him, watching him read off of his clipboard. 

"Well, she's asleep right now. She had various amounts of glass in her body and she has a broken leg as well as a fractured rib- but it can be cured if she has plenty of rest and makes sure she moves carefully. Um, did you guys know that she was pregnant?"

Everybody's eyes fell on me- I whistled.

"What the hell does he mean she's pregnant, Jahmiah, hm?" Kendrick stepped up to me

"Okay, okay, okay, okay," I put my hands out "Wayment-"

"Since when was this?" He squinted his eyes "How long?"

"Almost a month"

"I should beat your ass for not tellin' me... Shit" He scoffed

"Apparently, that was good news" The doctor cleared his throat

"Good news?" We all said in unison

"Yes, the bad news is that she had a miscarriage" 

~○~ 

I laid next to Taj in the hospital bed as she sobbed violently on my chest. 

"I'm so sorry" She tugged on my shirt as she mumbled, her voice heavy with sorrow

Just looking down at her wet face, her eyes were bloodshot. The beautiful brown color in her eyes were now a different color, a color I couldn't describe except for the redness around it. Her milk chocolate skin, turned lighter. And her hair was frizzy- but that was the only normal thing about her at the moment. 

Tears ran down her face swiftly, her sobs filling the room. Everybody was either sleep or awake- listening to Taj ramble on and on with apologies. 

"Shh," I soothed her edges "It's okay" I grinned

And it was. I can help her and I will- that's a promise. I'll take care of her, protect her- anything for her to make her feel safe and happy again. One thing I can easily tell is that she's depressed of the miscarriage and I'm not going to blurt out and say that it's all her fault. That'll only drive her insane and make everything worse. 

"Stop cryin', babygirl" I whispered in her ear, pulling her closer to me

"It's all my fault, Jahmiah. I'm sorry" She sniffed, her tears dripping on my navy blue shirt as I kissed her forehead

"Look, I'm not about to lay here and hear you talk shit- I ain't wit' that. Just stop and calm down for me baby, please" I bit my lip, because I started to feel my throat tighten

"I just-"

"Stop it, Taj" I raised my voice, but it instantly cracked "I'mma need you to just stop, alright? This ain't gon' help you and it sure as hell ain't gon' help me. I got you, I'mma help you through this as long as you let me put in the effort. I know you're miserable and I know you feel bad- but it's okay. You're not perfect, shit happens, and it's alright. I don't want you to lay and/or sit and drown yourself in tears and pain- just let me be there for you. That's all I'm asking for"

"It's not ok-"

"It. Is. Okay" I stared deep into her eyes

They went back to it's regular color a few seconds ago since she stopped crying. Hearing the rapid beeping from the heart monitor, it soon began to go slow down, going back to a normal beat- making me sigh in relief. 

"Don't you trust me, Ny?" I asked her 

Her eyes flickered up at me- wondering why I kinda said her first name. 

In all honesty, I loved her first name and I was about to start calling her that. 

"Do you?" I questioned

"Yes I do" She spoke quietly. 

As I was about to give her a kiss, I was interrupted. 

"Okay, break up the love scene" Kendrick mushed our faces apart "Food anyone?"