Bruce And His Emotions

I have posted this story earlier than i intended to for Sublimellach who requested more Tony. I may even write him his own story. but we will see. His ego doesn't really need to get any bigger! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

        Tony poked his head around the corner to the lab he had given Dr. Banner. Bruce was in the room so the rest of Tony boldly walked into the lab. He walked around for a minute, poking at this and examining that, not saying anything or seeming to want anything in particular.

It had been months since Thor returned to Asgard with Loki in tow. Capitan Rogers had gone out to explore America and see what had changed while he was frozen in the ice. Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton still worked for SHIELD and were coming and going with their current missions.
Tony was still Tony and went on as he usually did. His company was flourishing and he was still basking in the attention of being Ironman. Bruce had taken Tony up on his offer of a job and a home. He lived in Stark Tower and had his own lab at his dispense. He dealt with Tony and all his antics on a daily basis and had gotten quite good at getting out of any of Tony's plans that included him. He was trying to have a normal life, as normal as living with Tony Stark can be. He was still very nervous about being around other people and usually stayed in Stark Tower, working away in his lab or meditating in his bedroom.
"What are you up to Tony?" Bruce mumbled calmly, knowing that Tony would hear him. He could tell Tony was up to something. If he wanted to talk about something he would have come right out and said it, but when he was plotting something he never said anything right away. He just stood around and waited for you to make the first move and walk right into it.
Tony whirled about and looked at the back of Bruce's head, sending him a hurt look, even though Bruce couldn't see it.
"Why is it that you always think I'm up to something every time I come into your lab? Why can't I be visiting a friend or seeing how you are? Why do I have to be up to something?" Tony spoke fast, trying to get it all out at once, another sign that he was up to something. He seemed to think that if he spoke fast enough, he could confuse the person he was speaking to. Bruce shook his head in disbelief. He could see Tony round his desk where he was working and stop to look at him.
"You are always up to something... and it is five thirty in the morning. You are usually in bed till noon at the earliest."
Tony blinked in disbelief. It took Pepper a year to figure him out and another two years to be able to keep up with him and keep him from walking all over her. Bruce seemed to figure it all out in a matter of months. The truth was, he was up to something, but it wasn't his usual something. Bruce worked too hard and whenever Tony tried to get him to go out and act like a normal person, Bruce had too many excuses and too much work to do.
Today it was not Tony's goal to get Bruce out of his lab. Just to get him to interact with someone other than himself and Pepper.
"I am waiting for someone actually." Tony informed Bruce as he looked at the messy, unorganized desk that Bruce was working at. Bruce didn't spare him a glance as he continued on with his calculations. If Tony was right they would be here at any moment.
"No one comes in here Tony. Wherever you are meeting them, they will not show up here." Bruce mumbled in a tired tone. It wasn't that he didn't like Tony, but he couldn't sleep last night and he was tired. He felt kind of irritable and just wanted to be left alone.
"I don't need to meet them. I have already met them. They are coming here so you can meet them." Tony replied, throwing himself into another chair and putting his feet up on the edge of a nearby counter, also cluttered with papers and vials and beakers filled with chemicals. Bruce looked up at Tony. This was a new one. Tony had never brought anyone in here before. He had always respected Bruce's space when it came to other people.
"Why do I need to meet them Tony?" Bruce asked with a deep sigh, pulling his glasses off and rubbing the bridge of his nose. Why was it that the only time he ever got a hint of a headache was when Tony included him in one of his crazy ideas?
Tony stared at Bruce like there was something he was just not getting. Finally he let out a huff.
"Because they need to know who they are going to be working for. Well, actually, they will work for me, but I hired them to work with you." Tony met Bruce's disbelieving gaze. Bruce was irritated, Tony could tell.
"Work with me on what Tony?" Bruce prodded, looking Tony in the eyes. What had Tony gone and done this time? Bruce didn't think he was going to be able to avoid this one quite so easily.
Tony stood up and started wandering around the lab again. He played with this and that, avoiding Bruce's question for a minute. Tony turned and looked out the window which was large enough to cover the whole wall. The benefit of having a round building, everybody gets a corner office with a view!
"Not much, just cleaning and organizing and taking calls, nothing important. I have Pepper and I have decided you need someone as well." Tony said in a rush that left Bruce more disbelieving than before.
"Damn it Tony!" Bruce hissed, slamming his hand down on a stack of papers. "I told you before I don't need a secretary. I don't want a secretary." Tony turned to look at Bruce. Others might think he was about to lose control, but Tony knew better. Bruce was irritated, but he was in control.
"Not a secretary. An assistant!" Tony insisted holding up his hands in surrender as Bruce rounded the counter and walked up to Tony. "It is a mess in here and you're either working or trying to clean up after yourself. You don't have any time to try to get back into the swing of things. You're always too busy."
"Tony I can't get into the swing of things, by your standards, because every time my heart rate goes up the other guy messes everything up. It is enough for me that I don't have to run anymore and I can stay in one place, but to....."
A cough at the door interrupted Bruce's rant and Bruce jumped a bit causing Tony to smile. They both turned to the source of the sound. Bruce froze as he caught a look at what Tony had gotten him into. This was much worse than he could have ever imagined. Tony grinned at the expression on Bruce's face. This was better than he could have ever imagined and he beamed at his genius. Tony clapped Bruce on the shoulder, causing him to jump a bit again.
"I will leave you to get acquainted." Tony said as he slipped by the new employee and left them alone with Bruce and his emotions.