one

Rory

The plane ride to Sunnydale was short, and I spent the whole ride watching The Goonies. Apparently, the plane isn't going straight to Sunnydale. Instead, the plane went to a different part of California, and my uncle will have to drive up and meet me. I hope he remembers.

I got out of the plane in a hurry and grabbed my black bag from the conveyor of suitcases. I sighed and searched the crowd for Rupert Giles. Thankfully, I had enough common sense to see what he looks like, so I know exactly who I'm looking for.

"Rory!" I heard a British accent shout. I turned to the shout and found my uncle. I ran straight into his arms, which surprised him.

"I hope you don't mind, I brought a couple of friends." He said. I expected a bunch of old men, but I found three teenagers.

"You're friends with teenagers?" I asked, surprised. He just laughed and nodded.

There were two girls and one boy. A shorter girl stood in the middle, and she looked like she was in charge. Her straight blonde hair hung past her shoulders, and not a hair was out of place. Her big grey eyes looked up and down my body, like she was criticizing me in her mind.

The girl next to her looked a lot kinder. She had silky red hair that was parted in the middle, and large green eyes that contrasted with the red. She was giving me a huge smile, and I gave a small smile back.

Finally, I looked at the boy. He had wavy black hair, and he was well built. He gave me a big goofy grin causing his brown eyes to light up.

"These are my...uh...students. I've grown quite fond of them." Giles explained, and I nodded.

"I'm Buffy!" The blonde said, cheerily. "This is Willow and Xander." she added, and gestured to her friends.

"I'm Rory." I said awkwardly. They all have me encouraging smiles.

"Well, now that we're all acquainted, let's get back to Sunnydale. We have a long drive ahead of us." Giles said, and grabbed my suitcase. The four of them began talking cheerfully, and I followed behind silently.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It felt like I was being interrogated in the car. They kept asking me questions about myself.

"What's your favorite color?" Buffy shot, quickly.

"Blue." I said, and pointed to my blue hair.

"What's your favorite movie?" Xander asked.

"The Breakfast Club." They all nodded approvingly.

"What do you like doing in your free time?" Willow asked.

"Uhm, I don't know. Drawing? Oh! I'm good at martial arts." I said truthfully.

"It looks like we're here." Giles said, and pulled up at an apartment building. They grabbed my bags, and Giles unlocked the front door.

"Welcome to your new home." Giles said, and I admired how spacious it is.

"I made a bed for you here at the couch. I'm sorry, it's not the best bed, but I wasn't very prepared for your arrival."

"No, it's perfect. This is much better than any foster home." I said, and gave everyone a smile.

"Alrighty, I'm going to sign you up for our school. You guys get to know each other." Giles said, and went into another room.

"What do you guys normally do for fun?" I asked the three friends.

"There's this club in town that we normally go to called The Bronze. Other than that, we might try slaying something." Xander answered. But his answer earned an elbow from Willow.

"Oh! Did I say slaying? I meant praying! We're super religious."  Xander said quickly.

"Don't worry, Giles told me all about The Slayer and stuff. It would be too much trouble to hide it from me." I said, laughing. They all began joining in on the laughter.

"Let's go to The Bronze, then. That sounds fun." I suggested, they all nodded in agreement.

"You're going to need something else to wear." Buffy said, pointing at my sweatpants and t-shirt. I laughed.

"You want to pick something out for me? I'm not good with...fashion." I said. Buffy and Willow squealed and began searching through my suitcase. I sighed.

"OH!! This is perfect!" Buffy said, and Willow nodded. Buffy threw it at me.

"Go ahead, put it on!" Willow urged.

"Where's the bathroom?" I asked.

"Just put it on here, Xander will turn around." Buffy said, and pushed Xander.

"I might, I might not." Xander said, but he turned around anyways. I slipped on the outfit, my face probably reddening at my nakedness.

"Perfect! Let's go." Buffy said enthusiastically. I looked down to find a tight black dress with black tights that had designs on them. I shoved my black converse on and followed the trio.

"Wait! I forgot I need to cram for my French test tomorrow!" Buffy exclaimed, startling all of us. We were in the car, and Xander had just turned it on.

"Don't worry, Buffy. I'll help you study while we're inside." Willow said. Finally, I get to relax and dance all of my worries away.

a/n this is set during the beginning of the second season, just btw.