Chapter Fifteen

Jake had lost count of how long he'd been in this cage.. He was weak but not as weak as he was leading Vladimir to believe. He hadn't seen Draco again since the first night but Vladimir had been a near constant sitting by the bars of the cage. At first Vladimir had tried to irritate Jake. To antagonize him, but Jake had been raised with Lane so he had learned to ignore that kind of thing.

Vladimir had grown weary of hearing himself talk and now just sat there day after day watching Jake and waiting on Draco to return. Jake forced himself to keep his head down and maintain his weak posture when the door to the basement opened and Draco walked in.

"How is our prisoner today Vladimir?" he asked his icy blue eyes taking in Jakes weak state with glee.

"He does little more than sit there." Vladimir replied his voice dull with boredom.

"Perhaps the news that I have will liven him up." Draco said walking over to the bars of the cage. He reached through and grabbed Jake's shoulder in a tight grip. Jake wanted to rip his arm straight off and smack him with it but knew he needed to drag out his weakness as long as he could.

"What news?" Jake said making sure his voice sounded as weak as he looked.

"I found your mate." Draco hissed. Jake felt fear grip his heart. "She screamed your name as I killed her." Jake waited for the anger to hit him but instead he felt sadness.. A sadness so overwhelming he thought it alone would kill him.

"I could tell you the details but I would rather show you. Let me start by saying that your idiot brother thought he could hide her in Vegas. Then he left her alone in a hotel while he went out and got drunk and gambled." Jake couldn't believe what he was hearing. Surely Lane would not have abandoned Angela! If Angela was gone then Jake had nothing left to fight for. He sagged under Draco's hand.

"Don't pass out on me yet. We have to watch a movie." Draco's grip tightened on Jake's shoulder. Jake felt the tugging sensation in his mind and then suddenly an image of Angela appeared. She was walking around a hotel room.. Pacing in front of a large window. It was like he was watching a movie in his head.. A movie he didn't want to see.

"You'll see her death through my eyes of course." Draco whispered in his ear.

Jake saw Angela turn her eyes full of fear when they fell upon him.. But it wasn't him it was Draco. It was like Jake was inside of Draco and so every move Draco made felt like his own.

"Leave me alone!" Angela screamed. "Jake will kill you!"

"Jake can't save you now." he replied his voice cold. Angela screamed when she saw the knife in his hand. She tried to run but he grabbed her arm and threw her down on the bed. She kicked and fought for all she was worth but he was much stronger than she could ever hope to be.

He raised the knife and felt her blood on him as he drove the long blade into her stomach again and again... She screamed in pain and horror.

"That took care of the baby." he hissed. "Now it's time for you." He put a blood covered hand on both sides of her face and her scream was silenced instantly as he twisted. Jake could hear the bones of her neck snap as if he was in the room. He looked down at her lifeless body and felt his stomach roll inside him.

His beautiful Angela lay there dead beneath him.. His eyes gazed in disbelief over her bloody body beneath him. He stared at the pale scar on her shoulder and then he smiled.

It wasn't him smiling as Draco inside this horror film but Jake smiling inside his silver prison.

"What the hell are you smiling for?! I killed her! Can't you see that?!" Draco demanded letting go of Jake's shoulder and shoving him. Jake spun around so quickly that Draco barely had time to get his arm out of the cage.