Chapter Six

So that was dashing, huh?" Angela asked as she waited for her head to stop spinning. They had driven the car back to Angela's house in New York and then Jake had dashed them to his house in Virginia.

"Yeah. You get used to it after a while." Jake assured her.

Angela decided to just take his word for it as her stomach flipped and flopped. She felt like she'd just gotten off a roller coaster. Slowly, she turned around and her jaw dropped.

"This place is huge!" she gasped. The log cabin mansion was three stories tall. Wrap around porches and terraces were on every floor. Beautiful flower baskets and gardens lined the yard. Wind chimes sounded lightly in the gentle breeze. "This is your house?"

"One of them." Jake answered. "After my father was killed I let my mother and sisters move in here with their mates. My oldest sister has two kids that live here too."

Angela nodded nervously. "Big family." she mumbled. On the days they had spent in the car traveling Jake had told Angela all about his family. He had three sisters in addition to his brother Lane; Raquel, Bethany and Jordan. His mother's name was Rebecca and his father had been killed twenty years ago by a renegade lone wolf who Jake said hadn't been seen since.

"Are they going to like me? I mean is your mom going to be disappointed because your mate is just a plain mortal woman?"

"There is nothing plain about you." Jake said kissing her forehead. "And I can assure you that they already know we're here, have been watching us through the window and in about three seconds someone will come running out the door to greet us."

Angela looked at the wide front door, counted to three and then sure enough the doors burst open and two young children ran out.

"Uncle Jake! Uncle Jake!" they yelled in unison.

Angela knew these must be Jakes niece and nephew and she knew they were twins. Jake dropped Angela's suitcases and picked up a kid in each arm spinning them around and around until they were out of breath with laughter. He sat them down just as a beautiful, slim, tall red head walked out the door.

"What are you doing to my children?" she asked with a charming smile.

"Nothing." he replied. "They attacked me."

"Who is this?" she asked smiling at Angela.

"This is Angela." Jake replied.

The red head looked from Angela to Jake several times and Angela was sure she sniffed the air. Then her face took on a look of pure shock. Without warning she let out a squeal. "Mom! Jordan! Bethany! Get out here now! You'll never believe who Jake brought with him! It's a woman!"

Angela didn't have time to recover from the sudden outburst when suddenly three more women burst from the house.

A tall leggy blond in a barely there black dress, another red head with a plump waist, and a short pixie like woman with tiny features and short black hair.

"Hello my son!" the second red head said hugging Jake tightly. "It's been so long since you've been here."

"Who's your lady friend?" the pixie like sister asked in a pixie like voice though judging by the look of shock on her face she had already figured it out.

"Angela, this is my mom Rebecca." Jake said pointed to the plump red head. "The blond is Bethany, the two little rascals mom is Raquel. The third and final woman is my sister Jordan. The rascal's names are Kaylee and Kayleb. Family, this is Angela, my mate."

Four sets of female eyes stared hard at Angela for several long seconds and then they all swarmed toward her with hugs and endless questions.

"Where are the guys?" Jake asked desperate to be away from all the estrogen.