[15] Jumbled thoughts and messed up minds

Paris' Pov:

Tears streamed down my face as I flopped onto my bed.

I'm so damn confused. Why am I crying? Why do I feel so messed up?

I tried to wipe off some tears but more just kept flowing.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! I repeated the word over and over again in my head.

Kyle and I are soulmates?

But we're exact opposites. I'm usually bubbly and optimistic and he's always gloomy and quiet.

I don't fucking understand how the world would put me and Kyle together.

I always expected my soulmate to have the same interests as me so that we could have endless conversations about our likes and we would cuddle and he would play with my hair...

But Kyle isn't like that. At all.

We would never work out. But somehow, deep inside I felt ecstatic.

Kyle was different...he made me feel ways I never felt before.

He was so intriguing. It made me want more.

When we were talking in his dorm, I felt happy.

I didn't feel the need to be fake, I was just myself and he actually seemed to like it.

I had fun with him...

I growled, frustrated with my jumbled thoughts and resisted the urge to scream.

I really didn't know what to do.

Curling up in my blanket, I hugged myself and felt myself slowly drifting off to sleep.

Maybe sleep would help drown those thoughts.

~~~

Paris' Pov:

The weekends have just ended and I'm still trying my best to avoid Kyle, hoping that maybe if I avoid him, all would be forgotten.

But, of course not. And, Savannah's incessant rambling did not help.

"-and he actually kissed me and that's when I realized that we were soulmates. And it's true, we have the same mark! Ughh he's so hot..."

Savannah was talking about how she found her soulmate during the weekends and it really wasn't helping my current situation.

"I think I need to go touch up my make-up. I'll be right back." I quickly made up an excuse and rushed off.

I was briskly walking off when of course, I bumped into none other then Kyle.

Kyle stared at me with wide eyes and quickly turned away when I stopped him.

"Kyle! Wait!"

He hesitated before turning around to face me.

"Look, I know we have the same mark and all, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything at the moment. I admit, I initially thought finding your soulmate meant love at first sight but now that I think of it, maybe not? We can still be friends..." I said, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

"Yeah...yeah, okay I'd like that."

"I know everything's complicated now but friends?" I smiled slightly.

"Friends." Kyle confirmed and nodded a little before walking off.

I smiled to myself.

Maybe this will help us gather our thoughts and feelings.

~~~