[7] Ruining things

Kyle's Pov:

I walked to Art class, the only subject I'm fairly interested in when I felt someone hit me and my art materials went flying.

"Oops, sorry." One of the popular girls snickered, sarcasm dripping off her every word and the rest of them laughed.

I kept my head down and bent down to pick up my brushes and other materials when they started kicking it around.

"Hey! To your left!" Someone shouted and before I could pick it up, they kicked it to the right.

This continued for a while, with them laughing while I tried frantically to pick my beloved materials up but failing until I heard a rip.

"Oops." Someone laughed and dropped my ripped art piece onto the floor.

I looked at the art piece I worked so hard on, now torn into two and felt my eyes start to brim with tears until I heard a shout, "Hey! What do you guys think you're doing?"

My breath hitched in my throat.

"We're just having fun, Paris. Chill."

"Chill? You expect me to fucking chill? What the hell do you guys think you're doing?!"

Paris? What? Why?

"Sheesh fine, we'll stop. Why are you even sticking up for this loser anyways. He doesn't belong here, he's a waste of space." They rolled their eyes and walked off.

I sat on the floor, clutching my art materials, sobbing.

Paris quickly ran to my side, "Hey...it's alright. Everyth-"

In a spite of anger, I cut Paris off, "No, it's not alright for gods sake. But maybe it is for you since everyone loves you and you don't ever feel unwanted, worthless or stupid. Everything's just fine and dandy for you and nothing ever goes wrong. So tell me again how exactly everything is fine." I spat, trying to wipe my tears.

Paris just looked at me in shock, her mouth wide open.

I immediately regretted what I said, wishing I could take it back, "I-I didn't...I didn't mean-"

"Look, I'm just trying to help you out here alright? But fine, since you hate me so much, I'll leave. I've been trying to be nice to you but you just keep pushing me away. I'm done." Paris growled and stood up, walking off.

"Oh, and by the way, not everything is just fine and dandy for me okay? You don't know what I go through and how I feel so don't assume anything before you actually ask me shit." Her voice broke, and I saw her wipe a tear away before she ran off.

Silence ringed in my ears as I started at the spot where she was before she ran off, unmoving.

My tears dripped onto my ripped and dirtied art piece, ruining it further.

Did I just ruin everything and lose the chance of a potential friend?

~~~