Chapter 5: Confession?

Author's note: Hey guys! I tried to make this chapter long enough for you, but I get tired easily when I'm writing a lot so forgive me if the chapters are a bit short. But I swear, I try my best to make the story interesting! If you are enjoying the story so far, please vote : )! It means the world to me!

____________________________

You had already woken up when you heard someone's footsteps getting closer to your room. Suddenly, the door swung open and Hanji ran into your room.

"Wake up sleepyhead! It's time to pack your things and move out!" Hanji said, pulling you out of bed.

"What is going on? Why do I have to pack my things, I just moved in here!" You shouted at her angrily for braking into your room without permission.

"Because we're moving back to our old headquarters, silly! Surely you must have known that."

"Oh, right.. Because of what happened in Trost? I should have guessed that." You said as you rubbed your eye.

"That's why there's no time to waste! Hurry up now, I'll be waiting for you at the stables!" Hanji exclaimed as she slapped you on your shoulder and quickly vanished from your room. 'Geez, that woman is a nutcase..'

--Time skip--

The Scouts were on their way to the old headquarters. The Special Operations Squad was positioned in the very back. You and Petra came last, in front of you was Levi an Eld. Levi was carefully watching Eren, who was in front of him, next to Oluo. You couldn't see Eren's face, because he had his back facing you the whole trip. The only time you caught a glimpse of it was when he turned around to look at Levi and you could immediately tell by his expression, that Levi must have looked terrifying.

"So what do you think about the new guy?" Petra whispered to you.

"You mean Eren? I think he is quite handsome. Not that I like him or anything, we haven't even spoken to each other yet. Why are you asking me this?"

"Oh, I just thought you might look cute together." Petra said with a mischievous grin.

"Seriously? He is like 5 years younger than me."

"So what if he's younger? Levi is much older than me, but that won't stop me." Petra whispered so quietly, you could barely hear her. You swallowed your pride and jealousy but oh, how much you wanted to punch her face the very second she said it, but you somehow managed to continue the conversation without expressing your anger.

"I'm sure nothing is going to stop you." You said as you clenched your fists extremely tight.

"I hope so. I mean, no one knows, what if I die soon? I don't want to keep my feelings a secret from him forever."

Petra's words struck you hard. 'Great. Petra will die a peaceful death, with Levi by her side after she tells him about her feelings and I will have to keep my secret from everyone till the day I die. But I denied it all to Petra, so if I tell Levi about my feelings for him and she finds out, both him and Petra will end me. But I can't live like this. I must tell him. Otherwise I will go insane.'

By the time you finished your conversation with Petra, the Scouts had already arrived to the HQ. You got off your horse and led it to the stables. Later, everyone was given a new duty - cleaning. What a surprise. You and Eren had to clean the upstairs, while the rest of your squad was cleaning downstairs. Once you got upstairs, you saw a whole bunch of dust everywhere. There was a lot of work to do and you knew it would take some time to finish, so you figured it was a great time to get to know your new squad member.

"Hi Eren! I'm (Y/n), your teammate, nice to meet you!" You smiled and tried to make a good first impression.

"Oh yeah, hi! I guess we're stuck up here for a while, huh?"

"Yeah, looks like it." You chuckled, "So Eren, are you nervous, since this is your first day in the Special Ops Squad?"

"A little bit, yeah." Eren let out a nervous laugh.

"Actually, I joined this squad quite recently too, so we both have that in common" You tried to ease him.

"Oh, so that's why I didn't recognize you at first!" Eren smiled.

"Yeah well, I was kinda forced to join. Commander Erwin wanted more soldiers to protect you in our upcoming mission, so that's how I got here. Seems like Levi isn't very happy about it."

"Nah, I'm sure he's glad to have such a good fighter in his squad." You smiled and blushed at his words. You haven't heard a compliment from a guy for a while.

You and Eren spend around half an hour cleaning, talking about random things and getting to know each other. Then, Eren asked a question that got you nervous.

"So, is there something going on between you and Corporal Levi?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Dunno, I just saw your sudden change of expression when we spoke about him." Eren
didn't give it much thought.

"No there's nothing going on between us, I doubt there ever will be."

"Are you into him?" Eren looked at you and grinned.

What? Me? No I'm not. Stop talking about that." You panicked and started wiping the window faster than before. Eren noticed your nervousness but didn't want to bother you any further so both of you simply continued to clean until everything seemed spotless.

"I'll go tell Corporal that we're finished." Eren said and you nodded in response. You stood by the door and a few moments later, Levi walked inside. He walked around the room, checking for dirt and constantly making the 'Tch' sound. 'Damn, he's so handsome with his furrowed brows,' you thought.

"I don't know what you brats were doing here, but if you call this spotless, then I guess you're blind." Levi said, pointing at the window sill.

"I'm sorry, Sir. We'll do it better this time." Levi was about to leave when you suddenly spoke to him,

"Umm, Corporal, do you have a minute?"

"No." He said, visibly irritated. '..Relax (Y/n), thats just how our Corporal is. You must tell him. Now or never!'

"Sir, I just wanted to speak a few words with you."

"Fine, what is it?"

"There's something I need to tell you... I-i.. err.."

"Yes?"

"Well umm, I just..."'no that's it, i can't tell him, im too nervous. But if i say it's nothing, he will get even more irritated for wasting his time.'

"Tch. Try again sometime later, when you aren't pissing yourself out of fear. I have work to do and so do you." 'Dammit no, don't leave now!'

"I just wanted to say I care about you Corporal! 'Shit, I really said it...'

There was a moment of silence.

"... You do?" Levi sounded surprised, but his face remained expressionless.

"I-i-i-i-i-i-, s-s-sir, I-i-i-i-" You stuttered, not able to form a sentence.

"Thank you for giving me this useless information. Now get back to work or you will get in trouble." Levi then left the room.

"Y-y-yes, S-sir.."'That was so embarrassing. Note to self - Corporal gives 0 fucks about people's feelings. But I won't deny, it went better than expected...'