Chapter 3: The Special Operations Squad

Author's note: Hey, sorry for the wait!!My birthday is really soon and I had a lot of stuff to do! As always, if you're enjoying this story so far, please vote :3 It means the world to me when I know that people are enjoying my writing. :') Thanks. Btw It may take a while before I post Chapter 4 but we'll see how it goes.

____________________________

"Tch. Is there a problem?"

You turned around to see Levi with his emotionless face, his cold gaze fixated on yours. You instantly blushed and stood up to salute him.

"No Sir, there isn't a problem at all." You said, still blushing.

"I heard you don't want to be in my squad, why is that so, Cadet (L/n)?"

You couldn't think of an answer. There was no way in hell you'd tell him you're afraid of talking to him after yesterday's incident. Or that Petra hates you and wants you as far away from him as possible. You were about to say something stupid when Hanji stepped in.

"She didn't want to leave my squad because she will miss spending time with her old squad members. But we talked and she agreed to leave." 'Thanks Hanji, you saved my life'

"It's not like you're being asked if you want to come or not. I expect you to move to your new room until evening, so hurry up and do it." Levi was about to leave when you said,

"M-my new room? Why do I need a new room, Sir..?" You asked, scared of being yelled at for asking something he might find dumb.

"So you can be closer to your squad members, stupid." He said with only half his face turned towards you.

"Oh, okay, thank you Corporal."

He clicked his tongue in response and you sat back down. Your cheeks still burnt like wildfire. He somehow seemed more..soft than yesterday. You couldn't take your eyes off him as he walked out of the mess hall. When he left you thought to yourself, 'Great... That's just what I needed, to be closer to Petra so she has a bigger chance at choking me in my sleep...'  Your blush slowly disappeared.

"That was quite a show." Hanji teased as she looked at you and chuckled a bit.

"Oh God, thank you Hanji, you literally saved my life. I thought today was the day I die of a heart attack."

"Relax, it's nothing, I owed you after spilling the beans to Petra. But you know, I won't be there for you anymore to save your ass from embarrassment. You have to learn how to talk to him in a calm manner, unless, of course, you want him to find out about your little secret." Hanji then passed you a piece of bread.

'She's right,' you thought to yourself, 'From now on I will be around Levi more than ever before, I need to start acting like an adult, not like a little, shy kid.' You then proceeded to eat your food.

--Time skip--

You were in your room gathering your stuff, making sure you didn't forget anything. It was pretty easy, since you didn't have much stuff to begin with. You wanted to do everything on time so Levi wouldn't be pissed at you. You already felt unwanted although you haven't even talked to any of your new team members yet. It was mostly because all other soldiers were hand picked by Levi, and you were basically forced to join without Levi's consent so you tried not to be a pain in the ass.