Four

Avalon's POV

I awoke with growing pain all over my body parts. What? Why is that happening? I don't remember ever doing anything that could cause me pain. A sharp stab of pain shot through my legs. Gasping, I rolled on my side on the bed I didn't even register I was laying on. I now had a clear view of a brown, wooden door, as another stab shot up my arms. What's going on?

The pain increased with each passing second and with each stab I cried out. I could feel someone trying to contact my so called wolf. Pain laced my veins, travelling up and down my body rapidly. My bones began to rub against each other.

Another stab.

Cracks were starting to ring in my ears and I could feel the parts of my body snapping into something different.

Another stab.

Tears ran down my cheeks which were most likely red as more parts shifted.

Another stab.

I cried out and not even five seconds after the door I was staring at opened to reveal Derek. His face held lines of worry, making his youth hide behind a mature look.

Another stab.

I screamed, the pain was excruciating, covering every part of me. My skin was drenched with sweat and tears. Derek rushed to my side and said something I couldn't comprehend. I tried to answer and ask what he'd said but my words wouldn't work.

I saw Derek's eyes widen as I felt something sprout from my arms and back and just about everywhere skin covered. The sound of clothing being ripped to shreds entered my senses and I freaked out. I still watched Derek, he didn't look worried anymore, he looked... Proud? He looked as if he'd just won control of the Earth and I couldn't place why he was so happy when I was in so much pain.

Suddenly the pain just stopped, my vision returned to normal, well, not normal, better. I could hear the sound of my own heart mixed with someone else's. many different smells were drifting into my nose, chocolate, sweat, and this strange, but very delectable smell. It was a mixture of cinnamon with spice and I was weirdly drawn to it. Breathing heavily I centred my attention at Derek. "What happened?" I asked and gasped instantly when a low pitch growl left my mouth.

Derek just laughed, he laughed! What the heck is going on? I reached a hand up to my face to wipe some leftover sweat from my forehead. When my hand passed by my eyes, it wasn't my hand. It was large, golden-grey paw, tipped with five claws. I looked down at my body and would've screamed if I didn't sound like an angry bear. I had four paws of the same golden colour as the one I saw. My whole body was coated with the fur and the very tips of it were grey. I looked like a.... Oh my god I looked like a werewolf. Holy hell I'm a flipping werewolf.

No...no...no, that's not possible, I'm only nineteen, I'm a demon with a seriously messed up life, but there's no way in hell I'm a werewolf.

I rolled over and stood shakily on the plush bed with four limbs. Derek hadn't said a word yet and it is so frustrating. I jumped off and landed cautiously on the white, marble tiles that are specked with black dots. I made my way over to a large mirror on the wall to my right and practically died.

In front of me was a large, golden-grey wolf with an intense emerald green for eyes, more intense then my regular. My ears were tipped with black and grey and I had a small, dark brown snout. I opened my mouth to reveal large canines that were perfectly white. I was beautiful 'damn right you are' that stupid voice, Calista, said and I was aggravated at how vain she was.

I didn't reply because Derek's voice pulled me out of my trance. "And this would be your wolf, Avalon." I just looked at him. How the hell do I change back? 'Think of yourself as a human, define your features in your head and picture yourself shifting back' Calista told me. I did as she said, picturing myself in my human form and seeing myself become it. In a matter of seconds that involved painful cracking and loud sounds of pain, I stood as my blonde headed human.

I looked back in the mirror to see myself stark naked. I squealed and ran for the sheet on the bed. Hastily, I tucked it around my body and turned to see Derek with an odd look in his eyes... Lust? Whatever, I got sick of being in this form so I tried to shift into my demon. After multiple try's, Calista spoke to me. ' I'm so sorry, Avalon. I'm afraid your werewolf side and human side took control, your demon has been banished, she will never return. My heart ached and I was scared. My demon was the one who was always there, who will be there now. 'I will, and your mate.' Calista said pointedly.

I turned to look at Derek with tears in my eyes, I watched his soften and he practically ran to my side. Taking me in his arms he whispered soothing words. With as much strength as I could muster, I pushed him away, ignoring the complaints from Calista. "This is your fault," I accused him.

"No, I didn't-" I cut him off, trying to control my anger.

"Everything was fine, you should've just let them kill me, I would've at least died with my demon, but no, my wolf pushed her away. My master is dead, I'm no longer a demon, I'm supposedly your mate and I definitely don't want to be. I'm a freaking werewolf now and I don't understand any of this shit. I'm only nineteen for Christ sakes!" I told him, way over my frustrated point.

"I wouldn't be able to kill you! Hell, I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to. I'm sorry about your demon and I was only fifteen when I first shifted!" He cried back. Suddenly curiosity sparked inside me.

" how old are you now?" I asked, unsure of his age, not even an idea of it.

"I'm twenty one," he sighed.

" we'll, Derek, I'm sorry but I don't want this life." I told him and hurt flashed through his eyes.

"You don't what?"his voice cracked.

"I'm sorry," I told him again before I continued. "I, Avalon Hudson, reject you, Derek Smith, as my mate."

*******

Do you like it? I'm hoping this is good, but I have an amazing plan for later on and I'm super excited!!

OKAY SO VOTE COMMENT ETC~~|<33|

Love~ Michelle 💞