Jade

"Jade, it's time to get out of bed!" my mother yelled from down stairs.  I pulled my old sleeping bag over my head.  The musty floor of our new house made me feel sick, and my old cold sleeping bag was freezing me to death.  I cringed at my mom's loud voice reaching me from the kitchen.  I knew it shouldn't have bothered me, but oh my god it was like a ghost screaming in my ear.                                            

"I'll be down in a second mom" I mumbled into my pillow.  The smell of my morning breath was enough to pick me off the grose floor and push me into the bath room. 

          I picked up my toothbrush that I could of sworn looked darker than I had remembered, but everything in London looked darker and worse to me.  Moving from New Hampshire was the worse thing ever!  I mean I was planning to go to college there, and all of my...well my friend was there.  I spit into the dirty marble sink and left my toothbrush resting on the counter.  I slid on the wooden floors {which were the only good thing in this house} into my mildew rotting room.  

         Unzipping my suitcase I started to feel a bubbeling soup of fear splah my stomach for my first day of school.  What did the british even wear?!  It's not like I was popular in my other school, but I was thinking maybe I could start over without being glared at by the popular girls everyday.  I pulled out white T-shirt with a video game joke pasted in the middle.  I looked back into the bag of geek, nothing better.  I pulled on some jeans and the T-shirt.  I ran back into the bathroom to take one disgusted look into the broken, dusty mirror, my hair had a gental wave with a part a blind person could have done better.  I tumbbled down the stairs to my cold cereal.

         "Pumpkin you gatta eat it in the car, come on" my mom said while unpacking her day shoes from a saggy box labeled clothing.  She tossed me my vans to me and I slipped them on, they had galxys on them with long black laces.  I jumped in the car spilling some milk from my cereal.  Mom gave me the look she gives me when I screw up.  I gave her my most charming smile as we pulled out of our new cobble stone drive way.  We passed lush parks with police men on horses pranced down the paths.

       We passed phone boxes and Big Ben, who what I had learned in a book was the name of the bell, and not the tower.  We drove over a breath taking bridge over the frgid looking water, into a cool town with the biggest ferris wheel you've ever seen.  A couple miles ahead I saw my school, a medium sized castle looking building with stone vertigree gargoyles resting on each supporting pillar.  I felt my eyebrows knit together with one glance at the gothic fortress.  "uggggggg," I groaned as the car slammed to a stop at the drop off.

         "Suck it up Jade it looks fine,"  my mom said witha ruffle of my hair, I gave her a look of fear and pushed myself out of the car.  I wrapped my backpack strap around my shoulder.  It looked like I was a great deal earlier than everyone else so I slowly stumbled to the grand doors of the school.  I pushed at the heavy looking doors and they opened automatically, I stood back with surprise for a bit and slowly walked in.  

        The main lobby was nice with the main desk un-occupied by someone.  I glanced at the wall with two marble stair caseses on both sides.  Hanging on the wall was a board that read: "When all the Seniors get into class today let's warmly welcome our new student Jade Picket, who will be with us for the last month of school!"  I cringed at the sighn,  I hated being the center of attention.  I pulled a crumpled piece of paper out of my bag and fumbled with it to get it open.  "Let's seemy first class is American History in room 122b,"  I mumbled to myself.

        I started to make my way up the twisted marble staircases keeping one eye in the paper and one on the winding stair case ahead of me.   Getting to the last step I had established my class was on the next floor.  I took one more step but I stepped on my laces.  "woa," I yelpped as I started plummeting to the un-friendly looking tile floor.  At the last moment I felt a soft hand  grab mine, it slipped out of my palm still making me fall but breaking the impact.  

       "ow," I cringed with looking at my now fashionably ripped jeans, styling a skinned knee.   "Ummmm thanks I said standing up to look my helper in the eyes, an OH MY GOSH.  He was PERFECT!  He had green eyes and pale skin.  With hair so dark it was like a man snow white!  He looked like a black haired perfect Jack from Titanic!  "Are you okay?" he saide with a perfect accent.  Oh my gosh stay cool Jade I said to my self, compliment him!  

        "Y-y-you're british,"  I stifled.  Oh my god what are youd doing donkey butt?!  Of course he's british it's London!  "I mean you're gorgeous, no, it's gorgeous!" I stammered with absolutely no way to recover from calling the most perfect guy, gorgeous.  I looked at the ground hoping maybe my nose would fall off or something, so that maybe he'd focus on that instead of how a complete stranger called him gorgeous.

         He flashed me a smile with the most perfect teeth.  "It's okay I know what you mean" he said witha n understanding nod.  He looked at me with his green eyes and do you know what I did.... I sneezed, all over the most perfect guy.  "Bless you," he said wiping away my sneeze from his cheek.  There is no doubt in my mind if hadn't started talking more after that I would have died, right there and right then from embaressment.  "I'm Eric," he said shaking my hand.  "And you are?" he hesitated.

        "Oh right!  I'm Jade, I'm new here," I said shaking his hand, which by the way was perfect!

        "Oh yea I saw you're sighn on the board," he said taking his hand back, which I had stopped shaking and was just hoolding awkwardly.  By then, students had started to come in and I was late for History. 

        "I have to go, but I'll see you around?" I asked.  Please say you will see me around please,please please, I thought quietly.  

         "Yea" he said.  Flashing me one more perfect smile before he left.  It felt like I had just mekted a thousand times and then was blown up.  I wasn't great around boys, but when it came to perfect boys, well that was an example.  After my first day at that school I was one hundred percent sure London was out to kill me.  The classes were dull, and Eric was in all of my classes so I could act even more stupid around him all day.  As a walked to my moms car I could feel the mom question of death coming up.

         "How was you're day at school pumpkin" she asked, and that's when I retold all of my bad luck to her.  This was going to take a while.