Reasons Not to Start Cutting (Introduction)

I understand that a lot of people who read this stuff are in a very dark place, and may be considering self harm if they aren't doing it already. If you've never cut before and are thinking of starting, here are some things to consider first:

1. You will become addicted. I promise you will, even if you tell yourself that you won't. Just ask anyone who's been cutting for over a year if they thought they'd be doing it this long when they made their first cut. The addiction develops so fast that you don't even notice: one day you have control over when and how much you cut, the next day you don't. And boom, you're addicted.

2. You can literally die if you cut too deep in the wrong place.

3. You will start choosing your addiction over your friends, hobbies, and schoolwork. Your life will start to fall apart at the seams as you quickly lose everything you love to selfharm.

4. Your addiction will ultimately take over your life. You'll get to a point where you can never go anywhere without your blade. You will start to coordinate your daily schedule around your "bathroom breaks". And you will always, always be conscious of your scars, even if you don't want to be.

So yeah, just some things to think about before you make any decisions that will ruin your life. Please, please stay away from cutting. It will destroy you, like it has destroyed so many of us already.

I promise.